| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  B to A on an inside or outside lever
Louis Falardeau

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2005 8:59 am    

I currently have B to A on pedal 4 with the F# lower on the RKR on my push pulls. To me the pedal 4 location is somewhat inconvenient not to mention the pedal stiffness with the standard C6 pulls. So I have been thinking of putting it on my 2LKL. I have the Emmons setup on the pedals and left knees. Got to thinking maybe I should set it up to be on the outside lever. I kinda wanted to get it right because it is a longer job on a push pull. Would appreciate any advise.
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2005 11:44 am    

I have it on an outside LKL. If I had an outside LKR that's where I'd place it.I like to mix that change up with the B pedal. Which I do.But you have to be careful not to touch the A pedal or everythings wasted.I place my outside knees, I have 2. An out side RKL and an Out side LKL. Anyway.I place them so I have to reach forward a little to get to them.This keeps the standard 5 comfortable for me....Your mileage my vary..
Louis Falardeau

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2005 4:05 am    

Bobby, I've got use to moving forward to contact that lever but, since this is a whole tone drop I was concerned about the length of the pull. Did you have to use an idler bellcrank to speed it up? I was trying to get away from moving the first lever more to my left to allow extra room.
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2005 8:26 am    

Sorry Louis, I missed the part about your guitar being a PP. I've never seen an idler bellcrank used on a lower.Just on the whole tone raises.However I'm not saying it can't be done. I'll bet someone here can help you. An idler on a a lower? That is an interesting tought.
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2005 1:10 pm    

Louis, on my guitars I have added an extra 9th pedal and moved the whole C6th setup across one, this frees up the 4th pedal for E9th use only - much sweeter to use.
Louis Falardeau

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2005 2:46 pm    

Paddy, this is exactly what I'm planning on doing on my 9 pedal guitar. The two I use the most are 8 pedal with the wide spacing and a 9th pedal can't be added.Thanks!!!
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2005 4:28 pm    

Ok Louis, well good luck with what ever you come up with - I guess there is a multitude of ways of skinning a cat!
John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2005 11:12 am    

Louis,why don't you get rid of your C6th 4th pedal changes?Are you using these changes very "intensively"?
Louis Falardeau

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2005 3:38 pm    

John, I thought about taking off 1 or both of the A to B changes on the C6, so it would ease up the action, but I really do use both of them, not like pedals 5,6 and 7 but still quite a bit. Thanks !!!