| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Strings. Just strings!
Jordan Beyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 4:48 pm    

Hello, recently, I found an online site that are selling strings for pretty cheap. They are juststring.com brand strings. I ask the company what brand of strings they were. All they could say was that they were made in the USA by a major manufacturer. That being said, has anyone has had any experience with these strings. For as cheap as they are Im going to order a few sets and let you know. Let me know. Thanks. JB
Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 5:11 pm     strings?

jordan, i have been buying strings from them for more years than i can remember, i like them. i use the nickel wound buddy emmons....i alsolike the price, i use them on two emmons pp guitars....thanks jack
Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 5:18 pm    

Yip, used em for years, $5.00 a set great stuff.

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 5:32 pm    

Yep. I know. But if you look through the brands, you will see a juststring brand. Have you used there own brand of strings. I think you might be talking about these Larry, can you confirm these ate the strings, sorry if I was confussing Confused Thanks again
Bill Moore

Manchester, Michigan
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 5:56 pm    

Jordan, for many years, I have bought 12 packs of single size strings. I have bought lots from Just Strings, their brand, and lots from Musician's Friend, Rogue brand. No problems at all with any of them. If you don't want to buy 12 sets at a time, buy a couple sets from Just Strings and some 12 packs of singles for your 3rd, 4th, 5th, and maybe 6th strings. It's a good idea to change strings now and then.
Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 6:29 pm    

Heres what i use.

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 6:44 pm    

Thank you Larry. And thanks Bill, and that's another thing, I would like to buy them in the 12s to get a bulk price, but I didn't know how fast they will, " go bad" yet Ive played strings 15 years old and thought they sounded great. But I think Im going to try them out. I bought a bunch of ernie ball strings and never really got the sound I wanted from them, just got through almost all of them, I think I do need a change. Thanks for all the replys, ill tell you how Im liking them
Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 7:13 pm    

Does anyone know where I can find .022 stainless wound, singles? I don't see them here. RP

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 7:34 pm    

Ron Pruter wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find .022 stainless wound, singles? I don't see them here. RP

b0b sells them here on the Forum.

Click on STRINGS at the top of the page..

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat
Ron Pruter

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 7:59 pm    

Thx Lee. Too easy, how about this one? .022 silencers?
I used silencers once and they seemed quite nice but the sets don't have wound 6ths.RP

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 8:33 pm    

Ron Pruter wrote:

https://www.steelguitarshopper.com/GHS-ST22/

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2018 9:09 pm     Strings, Just Strings

About 1 1/2 years ago I went to a GFI U12 from a MSA S10 and could not get 12 string sets from my local supplier. Found Just Strings on the Internet and they had 12 string Lay's SIT stainless. I have good luck with them.
Last night at our jam 2 of the strings on my guitar went dead, I looked on the package in my seat they were changed 2-20-18. Changed them last night when I got home.
Jordan Beyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 11:09 am    

Been doing a little investigating today. I think these bulk strings are Dunlop brand strings(I wasnt aware that they made strings!!) anyway, does anyone have experience using Dunlop strings?
Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 11:50 am    

Jordan,

I get most of my strings from juststrings.com. My preference for pedal steel is Ernie Ball Stainless singles. I have in fact tried out the juststrings.com singles... but I found them to have a bit of a 'scratchy' tone when used for the whole neck compared to the smooth Ernie Balls. But, I do still use the juststrings brand bulk packs for my 68's and 70's, as Ernie Ball doesn't make them that big (in Stainless).
Jordan Beyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 12:10 pm    

Thats interesting you say that Jeff. On my 70s MSA, I think the ernie ball nickel strings sound, as what I think you mean, "scratchy". I like more of a twang sounding strings but the ernies just dont have it for me. I am interested in seeing how these juststrings brand strings work for me. As long as they sound good when freshly put on i think ill like them, even if they dont last very long, they are cheap enough at a few bucks a set Laughing thanks. JB
Baron Collins-Hill

Portland, OR
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 12:31 pm    

I have used Just Strings bulk phosphor bronze on my tenor guitars for years. I love them and have never had any problems. Plus, you can't beat the price!

thanks,
Baron

Free Online Mandolin & Fiddle Tune Lessons
http://www.mandolessons.com
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2018 1:20 pm    

SIT 12 nickle strings

Last edited by Ken Metcalf on 20 Apr 2018 6:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Bobby Bonds Sr.

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2018 5:47 am     Strings!!!

Tried the Ernie Ball strings, when they stop stretching, then they break! Been very satisfied with SIT Buddy Emmons
strings. They really do stay in tune. Git em from Billy Cooper.
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 5:48 am    

I've been buying strings from"Just Strings"for a few years,They have my special reinforced 0.11 Ernie Ball strings that I like for my third string,Nice folks fast shipping!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 6:15 am    

I've bought bulk dozens from juststrings for years. I'm satisfied. While I'd like to know who makes them (I've always heard they are SIT but that is not confirmed), it doesn't matter that much. I've never had any issues, the strings are stored straight and uncoiled with desiccants in the bag and thus have seemingly unlimited shelf life and the $aving$ are extreme.
J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 7:16 am    

Thru the years I have changed from brand to brand but always come back to S.I.T. As with any strings you can get rust spots if you do not store them correctly. I find that they last very well and I rarely break a string. Plus they give you an extra .011 string. And Just Strings has the best prices I have found. J.R. Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 7:29 am    

And don't forget that b0b has SIT strings at a good price. Along with Singles. We all need to support b0b here on the forum. It gives us a wealth of knowledge that we would not have without him. Even if you do not buy anything from him send him a Christmas Money Gift by pay-pal or whatever you prefer. Thanks, J.R. Rose

Gillette, WY
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 11:06 am    

I have bought bulk strings from them for years with good luck. I also buy mandolin and mandola strings from them.

Robert
James Quillian

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2018 11:30 am    

I just ordered 12 .014 strings from juststrings.com for under $10.00.

Walmart has the same deal online for $2.19. They ship to local stores for nothing. I had to go with juststrings.com because that guage is out of stock.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rogue-P8-Bulk-12-Pack-008-Plain-Steel-Electric-Guitar-Strings/24669089

It may be me ineptness but I have never been able to tell the difference between a cheap string and an expensive one.
Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2018 4:55 am    

Jon Light wrote:
... (I've always heard they are SIT but that is not confirmed)...

That very well could be... I've used S.I.T.'s off and on as well, and they respond very much the same as the juststrings.com brand.