| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guaged roller nuts on a Franklin
Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2018 5:05 am    

Thinking about putting guaged roller nuts on my Franklin...any Franklin guys done that ? Pro's and con's on guaged roller nuts in general? Anyone know the size roller nuts that are stock on Franklin's? Thanks,Jerry

Post  Posted 7 Mar 2018 5:52 am    

Hi Jerry,
Not sure what your thought is but I think its a mistake to change those rollers.....The Franklin's solid tone comes from a total balance of materials and their density. Those rollers were chosen for tonal reasons..The roller change will slightly affect the tone. Brass will sound too thin, etc. And the reason gauged rollers came into vogue was to eliminate rattles at the first fret within certain brands of steels due to their design....In 72 my old MSA had first fret rattles.....There are no rattles on your guitar...I personally hate first fret rattles and have adjusted every Franklin including yours and tested all the guitars for those types of issues before they reach their new home.....
Paul
Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2018 6:47 am    

Thanks,I think I changed my mind already! ....I dont have any issues with it at all at first fret or all the way up the neck.Thanks for the advice Paul.