| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Digital Reverbs
Steve Dodson

Sparta, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2005 10:13 am    

Which would you consider to be the better floor pedal digital reverb for steel guitar. The Digitech XDV digiverb Pedal or the Boss RV-5 pedal?
johnopsg

Tracy, Calif., U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2005 11:21 am    

Steve,
I don't know which brand(s) are better or best, but I have had excellent service with my BossRV-3,attached to a PVNash400 for about 10 years, and I use an RV-5 with my newer PV-112. I prefer to dampen the Amp noise by reducing, or scaling way back on the PV Spring reverb effect, and using more of the digital reverb...but I use them both together to create quiet, effective steel guitar reverb.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2005 12:27 pm    

Neither of them compares to the EH Holy Grail IMHO.. Its the best digital OR analog outboard reverb I've EVER used or heard.

I find it indistinguishable from a GOOD on board Fender spring reverb.. In the past few years I've owned,I had a 1963 original Fender outboard, a reissue Fender unit[junk], A Boss RRV 10 digital half rack,[very nice unit]an ART mini unit[decent, not great], a Little Lanilei analog spring unit[LOUSY],Various digital units from Digitech etc.. NONE of them was as good as the Holy Grail.. Only the 1963 original Fender sounded as good, but it was a noisy,boingy pain to use and attenuated the input signal for some reason.. Get an EH Holy Grail and be done with it... They sound fabulous.... bob
Jay Ganz

Out Behind The Barn
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2005 1:10 pm    

I checked out the digiverb when they first hit
the market. The quality of the reverbs were great but the pedal made alot of hissing noise. If it's used in an amp's FX loop instead of
the front input, it's fine.