| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter Micro block 45 Amp
Bob Lawrence

Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2017 5:47 pm    

I've been using a Quilter Micro Block 45 with my Franklin, Evans Eclipse speaker(15 inch). I used it at a small club and outdoors at the Public Gardens in Halifax. It's plenty loud for the size and I never crank it much past 50% gain, with the master wide open. For tone(Tri-Q) I use it in the middle or a little towards the lead setting(Right) but I'm still experimenting . I also use a Boss RV3 with it. Sounds fine and lots of power. The headphone and aux input are also great benefit's for home practice. Great to take to a practice when you don't need a big amp or keep one in your steel seat in case you have amp problems Smile

Price: $US 149 (I got free shipping to Canada)

Picture of the Micro Block 45 sitting on the top of my Evans speaker cabinet

http://www.quilterlabs.com/manuals/Quilter-MicroBlock45-Manual.pdf

Quilter WebSite:
http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/productpage/microblock-45
Franklin D10, Telonics (E9)True Tone(C6) pickups, Fender Steel King , Evans (FET 500LV), Nashville 400, Quilter MicroBlock 45 amp's, Telonics FP100 volume pedal, PodXT(effects only), Boss RV3(delay & reverb),Steel Guitar Black Box,Bill Lawrence cables, Walker Seat,Peterson Flip Tuner, IVL Steel Rider, IK Multimedia IRig Pro DUO for recording.
Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2017 5:43 am    

Thanks for the review of the Quilter. I'm close to pulling the trigger on one, having looked for something to use for in-home practice without disturbing my (city apartment) neighbors.

How have you found the headphone and aux in functions? I'm likely to use it without a speaker, but with headphones plugged in as well as an iPad for backing tracks to practice along with ....
Bob Lawrence

Post  Posted 26 Oct 2017 10:19 am    

@ Michael Pierce

re : How have you found the headphone and aux in functions?

Hi Michael,

They work fine. It was designed to work with a audio source such as a iPad. You will need a good set of headphones so it will sound clean. ALso, You will need to add a external Delay/Echo to it.
Franklin D10, Telonics (E9)True Tone(C6) pickups, Fender Steel King , Evans (FET 500LV), Nashville 400, Quilter MicroBlock 45 amp's, Telonics FP100 volume pedal, PodXT(effects only), Boss RV3(delay & reverb),Steel Guitar Black Box,Bill Lawrence cables, Walker Seat,Peterson Flip Tuner, IVL Steel Rider, IK Multimedia IRig Pro DUO for recording.
Michael Pierce

Madison, CT
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2017 11:21 am    

Thanks, Bob. I pulled the trigger on one just this morning. I really need it for a practice rig that I can use with my IPad running iRealB practice tracks. I do plan to put either a reverb and/or echo in front of it. I'll post again when it arrives and I've had a chance to play around with it.
Bob Lawrence

Post  Posted 28 Oct 2017 3:29 am    

The more I use it the more I like it Smile

I injured my knee(pedals side) a month ago and it has limited my playing but I did record a few things with my cell phone and it sure sounds fine Smile

It may only be 45 watts but it's a generous 45 watts Smile
Bob Lawrence

Post  Posted 29 Oct 2017 4:50 am     Sound Samples - Facebook and YouTube

Last night Bob Mcdonald(Pedal Steel Guitar) and I geared up a Steel King speaker in a Cabinet and Bob will use it at the Mic Mac Club in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, this afternoon(from 2-6PM) . I will put a live video(for a song or 2) on Face Book and later put it on YouTube and a link here, for anyone interested in how it sounds. Bob is an awesome player so it will be a great test. Bob was impressed with the little amp and it looks like one may be in his future. Smile

You tube link:
Sleep Walk
https://youtu.be/Xe3qgag_tGQ

Borrowed Angel:
https://youtu.be/cPIZDI6NZ58

Date: Oct 29, 2017
Time: 2-6PM
Band: Frank Lowe & the Sidekicks
Band Members: Frank Lowe(Bass), Nancy Lowe(Piano) , Keith Delong(Guitar and Vocals) , George D? (Drums)
Bob Mcdonald (Pedal Steel Guitar)

Last edited by Bob Lawrence on 29 Oct 2017 6:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2017 5:13 am    

I'm putting together a super portable, lightweight grab & go rig and very nearly bought one of these based on your post. Then I chickened out and up-sold myself on a Pro Block instead (awaiting delivery). There will likely be the need for big watt un-mic'd power so I decided to cover that as well (plus the Pro Block might render a pedal board optional, further lightening the load).
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2017 7:23 am    

They are fantastic. Hard to keep in stock.
Bob Lawrence

Post  Posted 29 Oct 2017 6:41 pm    

Sound samples added above