| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Reverse of C6th Pedal 6
Larry Harlan

Hydro, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2005 11:29 am    

On a guitar with 9 floor pedals, pedals 4 thru 8 tuned to standard C6th pulls, and you wanted put put the reverse of P6 on a floor pedal, where would you put it? Many have this on a knee lever, but I have no knee lever room for this, but I have a 9th floor pedal. Would you put it on P9, OR put it on P8 so you could use it with P7 like P6 and move the P8 boo-wah over to P9?
Also how much use would the reverse of P6 on P8 have with P7? Appreciate your input.
Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2005 2:38 pm    

I wouldn't mess with the standard order of the pedals on the C6th. (As sysop, I have a very good flame-resistant suit.) I think P9 would work just fine. You'll want to use both feet sometimes anyway.

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs, Open Hearts
Williams D-12 E9, C6add9, Sierra Olympic S-12 (F Diatonic)
Sierra Laptop S-8 (E6add9), Fender Stringmaster D-8 (E13, C6 or A6)
Larry Harlan

Hydro, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2005 4:18 pm    

b0b, that's kinda what I thought. BUT! was also curious if anyone had it on P8 and IF they found any use for it with P7. Those that have it on a knee, I wonder what they use it with? Thanks.
Gary Walker

Morro Bay, CA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2005 8:43 pm    

On my 75 MSA D-12 9 & 5, not only did I flip flop the front and rear necks but I put pedal 5 on the RKL and pedal 8 on RKR and pedal 7 on LKR. This gave me some combinations that would normally require using two feet. I sure miss that MSA. Oh, by the way. Yes, I lowered C, normally on the right lever, and put it on pedal 5. It worked great.
Bobby Lee

Post  Posted 4 Jun 2005 10:54 pm    

Well, let's spell it out. If you put it between the standard P7 and P8, lets call it Px. You get:
    P7  Px  P8     P7+Px   Px+P8   P7+P8

D +D# D D# D#
E -Eb Eb Eb E
C +D D C D
A +B B A B
G G G G
E +F F F E
C +C# C C# C#
A A A A
F -E F E E
C -A C A A
I don't see much that I'd use in P7+Px or Px+P8, but I really wouldn't want to have to go two-footed to get that nice big P7+P8 chord (A11th). Maybe other folks have different ideas.

------------------
Larry Harlan

Hydro, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2005 5:45 pm    

Gary, that's a lot of changing around. I'm not sure THAT MUCH changing around would be for me. --and apparently it worked for you if you still miss that old MSA. I'm pretty much a "standeard" C6th set up guy except for this extra 9th pedal that came on the guitar and would like to do something with it that would be useable from time to time.

b0b, thanks for spelling it out. I see what you mean. This also backs up what Carl Dixon meant in a threat sometime ago about using P7 and P8 together.

While were on it, from searching The Forum and other web sites, I have observed several other pulls on a P9. From those who have and use a P9, I wonder if any of the other pulls would be more useable than the reverse of P6?
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2005 6:55 pm    

I put it on pedal 4, as the major 7 A's to B's is one most modern music doesn't seem to call for. Another one is to raise both E's to F's with that pedal.

EJL
Jay Jessup

Charlottesville, VA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2005 6:16 am    

Larry,
I also put that change on my 4'th pedal, can't think of too many times when I needed it and the 7'th at the same time so adding it to your current 9'th pedal might be the easyest way to go to try it out.
Larry Harlan

Hydro, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2005 7:06 pm    

Eric, thanks for the input. I had not thought about P4. I have observed on the web some who do raise both E's to F.

Jay, thanks for the thought. It looks like I may well put the reverse of P6 on P9. Looks like P9 is a good place to experiment. The only reason this guitar has 9 pedals is that back in "the day" P8 lowered string 3, C to B which is now standard on RKL.

I'm also looking for info on any other pull(s) that might even be more useful than the P6 reversed. But so far it appears this may be the one to go with. Thanks.
John Poston

Albuquerque, NM, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2005 7:27 am    

On the reverse 6 pedal, I find the low E to F very useful. How useful is the high E to D# if you already get the D# on top w/ pedal 8?
Maybe a high E to D could be fun for licks and unisons?
Bobby Lee

Post  Posted 7 Jun 2005 8:34 am    

On a lever, I raise the middle E to F and the high D to Eb. I tried lowering the high E to Eb but I found more interesting positions if I changed the high D instead. For example a high Fmaj7, very similar to a common guitar chord position: F A C E.

It took me a couple of years of bouncing back and forth to decide which one I liked better. Finally settled on raising the D. I don't expect this to ever become a "standard" lever, though. YMMV

------------------
John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2005 8:58 pm    

I’ve always had my (reversed P–6) on my LKR and along with those (2)-stings, I also Lowered the 1st. (1-tone) from D to C.

------------------
“Big John” Bechtel
’04 SD–10 Black Derby w/3 & 5 & Pad
’49-’50 Fender T–8 Custom
’65 Re-Issue Fender Twin–Reverb Custom™ 15” Eminence
web site