| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Williams Universal
George Crickmore

Myrtle Beach South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 9:34 am    

My new Williams came in 3 weeks ago. It is extremely easy to play. It sounds unreal with this new Telonics pickup. If you want a steel that is done right and delivered on time don't hesitate to call Bill Rudolph at Williams. There are no disappointments..

Last edited by George Crickmore on 16 Aug 2017 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 9:44 am    

Gorgeous!

There are only two options as I see it.
Either I'm right, or there is a sinister conspiracy to conceal the fact that I'm right.

Williams Keyless S-10, BMI S-10, Evans FET-500LV, Fender Steel King, 2 Roland Cube 80XL's,
Sarno FreeLoader, Goodrich Passive Volume Pedals, Vintage ACE Pack-A-Seat
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 10:16 am    

Awesome piece of wood and stain job from Bill Rudolph!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2017 11:46 am    

Very Nice
Jim Pitman

Waterbury Ctr. VT 05677 USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2017 1:54 am    

Hats off to you for playing universal. I've been playing one for 40 years and have tried to switch to D10 but am always dissapointed.
I see you've had a black Jack custom. I don't know how many other guitars you've had but can you compare the Tone/sustain/tuning stability to the Williams?
George Crickmore

Myrtle Beach South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2017 4:12 am    

Jim Pitman wrote:
Hats off to you for playing universal. I've been playing one for 40 years and have tried to switch to D10 but am always dissapointed.
I see you've had a black Jack custom. I don't know how many other guitars you've had but can you compare the Tone/sustain/tuning stability to the Williams?

Jim,

I have had a Emmons, Jackson, Sierra, Mullen G2 and a RP, BMI, I also had another Williams before this one. The sound Between the Jackson and Williams is not really comparable because no matter what pick up the steels are built different. My Williams has a wood neck the Jackson is Aluminum. However I think the wood is a little warmer sounding. The Tone edge goes to the Williams but the Jackson is a great steel. The sustain is about the same. Both steels are very well built but the Williams plays much smoother. If you like the keyless the Williams is second to none. Also the changer system on the Williams is hard to beat in my opinion.