| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Christmas in May - Santa Left a Present
Bill Myers

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 9:52 am    

It's Christmas in May. Santa (rather the UPS man) left a package on my doorstep. I was lucky enough to buy the MSA that Charlie Walker had listed on the forum. I must say that Charlie and his brother Ray (as in Walker Players Chair) are both great people to deal with. And just one other note. I took a few minutes to look over the guitar...having been a machinist in another life, I really appreciate precise machinery and this MSA has the cleanest most well built design that I have seen in a long time. It's biggest issue is probably that it is overbuilt! My hat's off to Bud Carter and Reece Anderson and everyone that had a hand in building these fine guitars. I am very lucky to own this one!

------------------
Sho Bud Pro II, Fender Twin and various Fender and G&L Guitars

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 7:05 pm    

Bill.. MSA guitars are something special as far as simplicity and efficiency of design.. They WERE built to last a lifetime .. or more,,,,bob
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 May 2005 7:22 pm    

MSAs were always built the finest! Meant to last a lifetime! I wonder if Reese is still playing the Bb6th S12 he played with Jess Hudson the night he took me to their gig on top of some Dallas skyscraper(?) I was thinking country gig.....boy was I wrong......tuxedos & all the trimings! Later that week or next I went to the Longhorn to hear Bud Carter with Dewey Groom's band! 4 fiddles! it don't get any better than that! Actually Bud is now playing a S12 CARTER..... I wonder why?? Still Bb6th, though! What year was that you guys?? About 1969 or 70?? (Just before Junior Knight replaced Bud I was told)
Charles Walker

Chester, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2005 3:49 pm    

Bill thank's for the kind word's and I am so glad I could be Santa Claus. Just keep making music on that great MSA. I feel good now that she has a good home. You are a great man to do busines with.