| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ergonomics for a good fit
Brian Scott

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2017 6:04 pm    

I am a big fan of ergonomics and made a few things to help with my fit on my PSG.
I have a limited range of motion on my right foot due to an old injury. I have full range for the down position but limited with the up for the volume pedal.

I made this wedge and attached it with Velcro. If I ever play in boots, or sell the pedal it can easily come off.

I also made this extension for my MSA LKR lever that was too far away from my left knee. I put a leather face on the part that meets the lever and used a tacky spray on the leather so it wouldn't slide around. Attached it with some zip ties for a non modified lever in case I ever part with the guitar.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2017 6:18 pm    

After all, "necessity is the mother of invention". Nice job designing workable solutions.
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2017 1:49 pm     Egronomics for a good fit

Since we do not just sit down to a steel guitar, But put it on.(Like a pair of pants, with knee levers, vertical levers and volume pedal) We need every thing to fit our body not the owner before, Or just as set up from the builder. You have some neat ideas with no damage to the guitar for future sale. Great Job. Happy Steelin.