| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  3/4" x 2 3/4" Red Rajah / D. McIntire CD's
Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2001 9:45 am    

I just got the new 2 3/4" x 3/4" Red Rajah. This is the PERFECT BAR for me. Thanks to all y'all who recommended this size to Chuck.

Here is the site www.aguitarcenter.com

I also just got an email from Bruce Clarke regarding the Dick McIntire CD's. He got my Cashier's Check today (I mailed it last Tuesday) and has already mailed out the two CD's. Thanks to Andy Volk for his original post on these CD's.

Today has been a good day!!
Gerald Ross

Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2001 10:21 am    

Rick,
We want a full report of your reactions to this bar

I use this bar exclusively now, on both
electric and acoustic

------------------
Gerald Ross
Gerald's Fingerstyle Guitar Website

[This message was edited by Gerald Ross on 10 September 2001 at 11:23 AM.]

Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2001 1:34 pm    

Gerald, I had been on a bar "quest" for the past year. It started last year when you posted a concern about the weight of the Dunlop(2 3/4" x 3/4")bars. I emailed you and told you how I added lead shot to the hollow cavity and that started me thinking about different possibilities. I got Jim Burden to make me some big bars (1" and 7/8")- all 2 3/4" long. They were very nice bars but the search wasn't over. I tried a BJS and found the chrome very pleasing but it was 2 7/8" - still too long for me. I went as far as sending my Dunlops along with the Burden bars to a hard chrome shop and was very pleased with the outcome and thought I had the right bar.

Being one that always thinks the grass is greener... your post about the Red Rajah a few weeks ago had me ordering the 3/4" x 2.98" bar even though I knew it would be too long. What a treat to find out that others from the forum had asked Chuck to make some "my size".

I just finished playin' it for a couple hours and I think my quest is over. Having used the 2 3/4" x 3/4" size my whole playin' life the new Red Rajah fit right into my "imprinted mind" and using that other RR for a couple of weeks had me ready for the "fastest" bar around.

So Gerald, even though my wife isn't pleased with you (I now have 13 bars) I appreciate your unintentional contributions to my playin'.
Bill Leff

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2001 2:02 pm    

You're welcome

Bill