| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cases
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2017 8:57 am    

The ultra is a lightweight case and it weighs 12 lbs. The 36 weighs 17.5 and the 42 weighs 24.5 lbs. all have wheels but the ultra is lighter weight and is only dust proof. The 36 and 42 are water proof. Our cases have a lifetime warranty on everything but the foam. Also you have foam cushion versus wrapped plywood in side. Ours are ATA approved. My self I would go with the 36 or 42. That's what I use and mine lives in a trailer and has flown over 250,000 miles and probably cmore than that in trailer miles also. Thank you for the questions. Let us know if we can help.
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2017 12:11 pm    

Is the Ultra a big seller? It comes with foam? Not waterproof means if I'm caught in the rain the steel will get wet? What's your ph#?
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 2:59 am    

Yes we do sell several of those but the main sellers are the 36 and 42. The Ultra does not come with foam. Those others do, but you can ad the heavy foam for an extra 50.00. Custom cut is another 50.00. No your guitar won't get wet if it rains, the other two are just a better seal on them. And those are waterproof to 250ft. So it's better on keeping moisture out. I'm overseas til the 6th of Feb. but here's our email if you have more questions. Thank you.

jkloudnproud@gmail.com
Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 3:17 am    

These are SKB cases??
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 3:19 am    

Yes sir.
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 4:16 am    

I don't see a partition in the case for a leg bag. Are there any photos of a guitar in the ultra or other cases? My steel is about 32" long.
I need compact,light and shock absorbent because I ride the subway, climb stairs and walk a mile. Will the ultra absorb shock and protect my guitar if it falls onto the sidewalk?
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 4:33 am    

Their are no partitions in these cases. So the shock is absorbed by the foam. My steel has fell out of a back of a van when unloading and nothing happened. I use the 36. My steel doesn't move at all in the case. On the Ultra you would have to block it with heavy foam to help with shock. Ultra has straps in it your cab goes in first then leg bag and pedal bar stacked on top, then strap it all in so it doesn't move. But you will have to put the dense foam blocks in their yourself. The Ultra case is more of a lightweight case than the other two like I've stated before. Hope that answers your question.
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 9:15 am    

Jim,
It's looking like your Ultra light case with some modification may work for me. The dimensions of my GFI Ultra, D-10, keyless pedal steel are not listed on the GFI website. Could you tell me if your Ultra will be a good fit for my Ultra? It looks like a pedal bag is necessary. Could I do my own modification by purchasing my own shock absorbent material after I purchase the the Ultra from you? Could I use ordinary padlocks or do I have to purchase your locks for the Ultra?

Thank you.
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 9:28 am    

I can't answer on your GFI without cabinet measurements. But my Franklin D10 fits. Just take a measuring tape and measure of the length width and the height to the top of the key just to make sure. Certainly you can do your own modifications. If you decide to use the heavy foam all you need to do is place an order with us. As far as the locks you will have to get them from me. They are 20.00. Ordinary pad locks won't work on this model. They are built into the fasteners. Pedal bar bag we can do also. All you need to do is shoot us an email and I'll send you a PayPal invoice. Thank you
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 11:08 am    

My GFI measurements are,H 4 1/2", W 11", L 31". Would the Ultra light work size wise? I would load the guitar,put the leg bag on top,then the pedal bag on top of that and strap it in? Could I pay with a debit card? Do I get a discount if I order pink?
Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 12:46 pm    

I have a 2000 Sierra Session Dd10. When I got my replacement case from SKB a few months ago, it was replaced with an "I" series case. They said it was the only one that would fit my dimensions. It is large and heavy.

The second replacement case they sent me is a:
“i series model 31-4213-12-BE” Inside dim 42.5 x 13.5 x 12
There are handles on both ends and on the side also with a pressure relief valve.
It has “dulie” 4 wheels and is watertight and dustproof with lifetime warranty.
It does not have the TSA locking capability.
Plenty room enough to put your VP and cables in with the guitar. So, the bottom line is if you break your older case, you cannot get a replacement case of the same size.
Just saying..
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 2:34 pm    

Thanks Roy. How do Jim's cases look to you?
Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 2:48 pm    

They are SKB cases and they are very good. You just need to find one that fits your needs.
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 3:49 pm    

Jim's cases are SKB cases? Got it. The Ultra might be for me. Which one do you have?
Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2017 4:01 pm    

Look at the 4th post above your last post!
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 1:42 am    

Here's some info. I've use the same case for the past five years and our band is using them also. And we have never had any issues. And yes our stuff has gotten rained on before we put it in the cases. We travel so many different temps and climates. No one is having any kind of mold or discoloration, like they do in a lot of the original plywood cases. If we had any issue I would try to resolve or atleast give everyone a heads up. I know we will have competitors try to attack us, which is the situation this time. Remember this folks, I only use the things we sell. I will not ever try to sell something that I would not use. I'm over picky on keeping my gear in great working order. Also our instruments are not cheap by no means. But you must remember our cases have a lifetime warranty. Who else has that? Not any plywood case builder...
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 1:58 am    

Mike yes your GFI will fit in the ultra. Sorry that case only is available in black, we only use Paypal at the moment. If you live in the nashville area you can swing by Steel Guitars of Nashville and take a look and purchase our cases there. Mike let me say this you sound like your are going to be pretty rough I would go with the 36 case. Like I've stated above my steel lives in a trailer and has flown all over the world and I have not had one issue other than when an airline took my guitar out of the case and dropped it on tuning end. I'm by no means trying to sell a more expensive case but if you don't block that correctly you could have some damage. Just my opinion though. Shoot us an email when you decide on what to do. jkloudnproud@gmail.com
Thank you
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 4:13 pm    

Jim,

I apologize for asking so many questions. I will buy a case for from you. Thanks for your understanding.
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2017 9:20 pm    

No problem Mike that's what I'm here for. I'll answer your email shortly. Gotta go hop on a plane and play a gig in Ireland.
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2017 3:55 am    

Jim,
I'll purchase the case from the store and be sure to mention your name as the seller.
Brett Resnick

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2017 11:37 am    

Just wanted to say how pleased I am with the case, and the foam cut Jim made for my Zum D-10 hybrid. It passed the test with flying colors making 2 flights across the states with no hint of even a scratch on my steel. Also having wheels on the case is priceless. Best purchase I have made in a longtime. Thank you Jim!
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 4:07 am    

I'm using the Ultra Light case. So far, so good.
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 9:11 am    

Brett and Micheal thank you very much for the feedback!! Glad that they are working for you guys!! I love mine, that's why I started offering them. Can be more happy with them!!
Michael J Pfeifer

New York NY 10036
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2017 11:16 am    

Now that I have this new steel case I am able to use one new mini hand truck instead of two.
Jim Heep

Hendersonville, Tn
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2017 1:40 pm    

First tan colored case went out today!! Swing by Steel Guitars of Nashville and see our cases and be the first one to get the green one there!! They've got some new goodies y'all should check out too!!

[/img]