| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Testing the water
Steve Hitsman

Waterloo, IL
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 4:49 am    

I have two Reissue Twins that I'm considering selling. They weigh around 70 lbs. each and it seems like I always have to carry them up and down stairs. With each passing year this becomes a little more difficult.

Both of these have had the original 12" speakers removed and replaced with JBL's... a D130 in one and an E130 in the other. The D130 was reconed by Ted Weber from his supply of the authentic paper JBL used. Brad Sarno will attest to this. I cut the baffles from high grade birch plywood. They both sound great. I love 'em but maybe not enough to continue packing them to gigs.

I'm truly impressed with the Quilter Steelaire despite my antipathy to solid state amplifiers. If I can get enough out of the Twins I might treat myself and save my back.

I'm thinking $800 for the D130 amp and $650 for the E130. Any interest?
Gino Cecchetto

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 9:55 am    

I think you should check out the Milkman Pedal Steel Mini if you want stellar tone in a small light weight package.
Steve Hitsman

Waterloo, IL
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 10:58 am    

Not at that price.
Gino Cecchetto

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 11:11 am    

They aren't cheap, I'll give you that, but they are worth the Money. You could also look at the Half and Half. Still great tone, and very light. I think you would be mostly there once you sell your two amps. There was a half and half for sale here recently. Might still be available. Good luck with your sale.
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 11:33 am    

Wait a year or so and those "boutique" amps will be for sale on the cheap. Rolling Eyes
Chris Grigsby

Boulder, CO
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2016 7:48 am    

Erv Niehaus wrote:
Wait a year or so and those "boutique" amps will be for sale on the cheap. Rolling Eyes

Nope. The cost of manufacturing hand made products in the USA is going up and up and up, and the prices have followed suit. I sold my Milkman for more than I paid for it as the prices went up around 20% last year. It seems like you are referring to 'boutique' in a derogatory sense. Just my opinion, but if you want to scoff at the price of a handmade USA made product then you can't complain about the death of manufacturing in this country with quality products replaced by overseas junk.

Waterloo, IL
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2016 7:54 am    

Hey guys, do you mind? I'm just trying to sell a couple of amplifiers here.