| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  steel setup in central ohio
Derrick Unger

Newark Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 6:56 am    

Is there a good MSA setup guy in Central Ohio???
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 10:39 am    

If you're not in a hurry and can meet me on Interstate 70 as I come through (Tuesday and Thursday afternoons), I can take it home, do what you need, and bring it back.
I'd urge you to find someone local as it's quicker, but I can do it.
PS: if you plan to drop 6 to F#, I STRONGLY recommend getting Michael Yahl's adjustable return spring kit. The return spring is too strong for that to work easily.

Donnie Souther lives between Columbus and Zanesville, and I redid his guitar a couple of months ago.
Derrick Unger

Newark Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 12:23 pm     Lane hookup

Hey Lane..that would be great but I just ordered parts off of Michael and I don't think they would be here that quick...Plus as usual I forgot a part..need a stop shaft..Do you come by that way on 70 very often..thats only about 10 miles from me..maybe we could make that hookup a few weeks down the road or whenever you come by..plus he was out of 4 hole bellcranks but are on order..but I did get a few 2 hole cranks..oh Ok..it looks like you make that run every week??? Lane you talking about dropping 6 if I have a franklin pedal?
Music is good for the soul..playing it is even better! Gretsch6strLapSteel*PeaveyNashville400*HudsonSD-10*DigitechRP360*FenderChampion100*PeaveyKB300*Goodrich120*Behringerx1204*BehringerMini4*Mullen S10"Discovery"*Peavey Vegas400*Princeton112plus*SuperChampX2*SidekickReverb65*Rumble100*MarshallMG50DFX*Nashville112
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 12:58 pm    

I have an assigned run, leaving KC about 2 AM and going to Hagerstown, Md.
Every Tuesday and Thursday, I start driving about 2ll1 PM in Richmond.
I lower 6 on a knee because it was a featured part of the Emmons course I started on. It's independent of the B string drop of my "split Franklin" pedal.

My number's 816-206-0239 if you want to give me a call or text
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 5:54 pm    

Derrick, you might try John Booth in Columbus OH, not sure if he does that or not, but might be close. Also Tom Bradshaw has about anything you need for an MSA, and a great man.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.