| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anyone put a Telonics pickup on a Sho Bud Professional?
Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2016 4:18 pm    

I'd be interested to hear your impressions of that pickup on that particular guitar. Thanks. --Scott
Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2016 2:52 pm    

i have a telonics 206 (the one with the two bars for pole pieces) in my ldg. i'd been playing a wallace tt, which sounded great, but i had one of those nighmare buuz killa gigs and went on a hunt.
i had a george l tpp for a while, but i couldn't dial out the mid range honkiness for the bud.
i tried a 705 as well, and it was a bit too sterile for me. the 206 came my way and i've been liking it for a while. it has enough bite to preserve the sho bud sound, but without the buzz.
overall i think i preferred the wallace tt and if pickups were easier to change it'd still be in there for most gigs.
i'm very curious to try one of the adjustable pole piece telonics, which i think i might be able to dial in a little better than the 206.
Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 6 Nov 2016 5:13 pm    

I had the same experience with the Wallace. It would still be in there but I got that incurable buzz on a couple of stages. Other than that it was just right. So I put in a BL 710 and it's just fine and it's very quiet. I miss the Wallace though so I might try the Telonics 84 (I think). Seems like most people are saying it's the best of both worlds. Hope so.
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2016 11:19 am    

I have a Telonics 206 in my Desert Rose guitar,For what I like in a pickup the Telonics206 is my favorite pickup on the planet...I don't own a Sho-Bud these days Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 7 Nov 2016 4:14 pm    

I think I'll try the 84 because it's so tweakable for each string. I've read a lot of good about that 206 though. Of course they appear to be two whole different things.
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2016 3:00 pm    

Hi Scott, discussed this very same thing on a different thread -- I have field tested both the 84 and the newer 409 in one of my Zum Hybrids and I found the 409 to be a sweeter pickup... both have the same adjustability for each string, but I found the 84 a little harsher in the top end - the 409 is more well rounded across the spectrum, nice fat mid range and a bit more silk in the higher end.

I would imagine the same difference would be noticed in a ShoBud.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.