| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  hilton pedal noise
Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 1:33 pm    

My Hilton low profile volume pedal has a mild clicking sound after I play maybe fiveteen minutes if I put my foot on it most noticeable at about where half volume would be. no noise until I put my foot on it. any ideas?
Fessenden SD10, Peavy Nashville 112, Fender Fat Strat, Crate glx 212, Crate GLX 65, Peavy foundation bass, Epiphone flat top Taylor flat top Epiphone Led Paul Epiphone Shreraton Hilton and Goodrich pedals one understanding wife
Eric Dahlhoff

Point Arena, California
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 4:51 pm    

I've had some issues with my Hilton's power connector - it gets dirty or tarnished. When I touch/step/move it will make crackling noise.
Try pulling out the power connector & cleaning the jack & the plug.

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 3:15 am    

I had to replace the power jack in mine. It had a flakey connection and cleaning didn't help.
Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 7:44 am     pedal noise

Thanks for the replies. I have a new power supply. I will clean the connection in the pedal and see what happens.
Fessenden SD10, Peavy Nashville 112, Fender Fat Strat, Crate glx 212, Crate GLX 65, Peavy foundation bass, Epiphone flat top Taylor flat top Epiphone Led Paul Epiphone Shreraton Hilton and Goodrich pedals one understanding wife
Roy Dick

Tahlequah okla. USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 8:50 am    

Sprayed tuner cleaner on the connectin in the pedal. Noise seems to have dissappered
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 9:48 am    

Sounds similar to this: A fellow called and said his Hilton pedal hummed when he put his foot on the pedal. I went to the night club where the person was playing. Nothing hummed until I put my foot on the pedal. The harder I pushed down on the pedal, the louder the hum. I put several clean dry bar towels under the pedal, and put my foot on the pedal. No hum no matter how hard I pushed down. Come to find out a pitcher of beer was spilled on the stage carpet. Band members had been getting mild shocks from the microphones.
There was "NO" ground on the one 120 volt wall receptacle the band all plugged into. The microphones, Hilton pedal, and ever other metal object connected to electric was trying to ground to the closest ground. In this case the closest ground was the wet beer soaked carpet. Check your wall receptacle for a ground.
Also: What other devices do you have in the signal chain? Some devices are designed to "only" see the low level signal of a magnetic guitar pickup. If one of these devices is put down stream from a powered device it can act up. I saw this happen to Tom Brumley. He was using a Holy Grail reverb. He put it down stream from a powered device. The Holy Grail reverb made a clicking sound. Tom asked for my help. I put the Holy Grail first in the signal chain and the clicking sound went away. These were the early Holy Grail reverbs, I think later versions solved this problem.
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2016 1:51 pm    

Keith's right, and outlet with a poor ground, or no ground, can cause a lot of problems (along with being dangerous). Outlet testers (like the one pictured below) are available at Walmart, Home Depot, or Harbor Freight. They're only about $5, and they're a good item to have in your pack-seat. Winking