| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Beginners Notes #362-Putting them together w/video
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2016 5:43 am    

Tab:

Beginners Notes #362-Putting Them Together

1_____________________________________|_____________________________________________
2_____________________________________|_____________________________________________
3_____________________________________|_____________________________________________
4_____________________________________|_____________________________________________
5_____________________________________|__10_________________________________________
6______3______5B______8_______10-10B__|_____10B-10____10-8____8-6___________________
7____3______5_______8_______10________|____________10_______8_____6_________________
8__3______5_______8E_____10___________|_____________________________________________
9_____________________________________|_____________________________________________
10____________________________________|_____________________________________________

1__________________________________________________________________________________
2__________________________________________________________________________________
3__________________________________________________________________________________
4__________________________________________________________________________________
5__________________________________________________________________________________
6__6_______________________________________________________________________________
7____6-5____5-3____3_______________________________________________________________
8________5______3__________________________________________________________________
9__________________________________________________________________________________
10_________________________________________________________________________________

Complete run...
1___________________________________________________________________________________
2___________________________________________________________________________________
3___________________________________________________________________________________
4___________________________________________________________________________________
5_________________________________10________________________________________________
6______3_____5B_____8______10-10B____10B-10____10B-8____8-6____6____________________
7____3_____5______8______10_________________10_______8______6____6-5____5-3___3_____
8__3_____5______8E____10______________________________________________5_____3_______
9___________________________________________________________________________________
10__________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Dick Sexton on 12 Sep 2016 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2016 5:56 pm    

Hey Dick, would you mind if I put up a video example to go with that?
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2016 6:31 pm     Please do....

Quentin, Thank you so much... I would be very pleased if you would do that. This is exactly why I put my little snip-its on here, so that we each can put our twist to them and make them our own.

I'm looking forward to your video... Thanks again!
Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2016 6:38 pm    

Cool! Sometimes I get twisted around reading tab myself and thought this might help people audibly who have a hard time with the tab. I always enjoy trying out your licks Dick!!

https://youtu.be/sT1rS-bzl9E
Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2016 6:26 am    

Quentin - MAN that really helps. Really like how you illustrated slowly, then sped up.
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2016 4:25 pm     Wow...

Quentin, excellent and exactly what I hoped for. Thank you so much... Now I'm going to have to start working MY speed up. Very Happy

ps: Any time you would like to do a video of one of my tabs, be my guest. It sure opens the possibilities up.
Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2016 6:25 pm    

Ron. Thanks for the encouragement. My picking is actually sloppy and weak. I hadn't been able to play steel because of life situations. I am back at it now. Dick, sure would like to do snippets to go with your tabs. I really appreciate all of the years of dedication you have put into your beginner notes. We were all beginners once. I know they have helped me over the years and still do to this day.
Dave Dube

Post  Posted 12 Sep 2016 8:09 pm    

Excellent addition Quentin. You and Dick make a great combo. I hope you keep it up.
Allan Haley

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2016 9:54 am    

Quentin, thank you. That really brings Dick's tab to life for me.
Jason Putnam

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2016 6:17 am    

That's Awesome Quentin!! Now just 361 more to go (hint hint)!

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2016 2:05 pm    

I've never wanted to say anything, because I don't want to take away from the amazing effort that Dick puts into all these, but.....

For an inexperienced player like myself, audio or video make all the difference in learning these licks and exercises.

So, thank you, Quentin. And as always, thank you, Dick.
Jeff Rady

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2016 9:03 am    

Wow cool exercise and lick, the vid really helps! Thanks Guys!