Post  Posted 27 Jul 2001 5:25 pm    

Does anyone out there in no peddler land
know where I can get 3 chrome telescoping
legs that will fit the Alkire Eharp? John
Gray bagray5@swbell.net Thanks!
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2001 6:28 pm    

Bobbe Seymour sells nice chrome, telescoping legs for non-pedal guitars. He also sells the sockets for them. The sockets will bolt right onto Fender stringmasters, and I believe onto some other non-pedal steels. And of course the sockets may be put onto any wood bodied steel guitar (if you don't mind drilling a couple of holes in the bottom). For more info check
HERE and scroll down the page. I don't know about your EHarp, but you could check with Bobbe for the specifics at steelguitarnashville@earthlink.net

Here's an idea... cut a small board to the proper size and put some kind of a carpet over the top of it. Mount the sockets onto the underside of the board, screw the legs into the sockets, and you have a cusom made non-pedal steel guitar stand. There are two advantages... no drilling into the instrument, and if you ever sell the instrument you keep the stand for your next lap steel.

------------------
www.dougbsteel.com

[This message was edited by Doug Beaumier on 27 July 2001 at 07:34 PM.]

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2001 9:31 pm    

One of my students obtained 4 used chrome mic stands and through his machine shop was able to adapt them quite well. Just a thought if all else fails.
John Gray

McAllen, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2001 4:38 am    

Hey Doug and George thanks for the advice/
help----John
HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2001 8:24 am    

Doug, I have had that same idea kicking around my head but have not put it to practical application yet. I also thought of taking this a step further. I have several lap steels and would like to have one stand (other than a folding X) to fit all.
The stand as you described,covered with non slip,non abrasive material, and for each lap steel, a board with the shape of the steel cut out, attached to the stand with a few bolts and wing nuts or thumb screws. The steel would then sit in the cut out board. The board would have to be thick enough so that the steel would not have any,or very little movement. I wondering if this is viable or a hair brained scheme. I suppose there's only one way to find out.
chas smith R.I.P.

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2001 11:16 am    

quote:
One of my students obtained 4 used chrome mic stands and through his machine shop was able to adapt them quite
well. Just a thought if all else fails.

That's what guitar legs are, cut off mic stands with 'plugs' that are turned down and threaded. The problem of interchangeability is there is not a thread pattern standard for all guitars. Now most guitars are tapped for 1/2-13, some E-Harps were 3/8-16.
John Gray

McAllen, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2001 6:30 am    

Brad please close this thread; thanks to all
who responded John Gray