| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Vintage Western Embroidered and Show Shirts
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2016 6:38 am    

Soooooo... I'm finally facing the fact that it's time to let go of the vintage western shirts that I will never fit into again. These are mostly from the 50s and 60s with a couple from the 70s and one from the 80s. These will, once again, make great stage wear for the right (smaller-sized) person.

So, er, my weight gain is your fashion gain...

Most are in great shape and a couple were only worn once or twice. A couple need some TLC and are priced accordingly.

Here's the official 'please read this carefully' part:

Although all of these are size medium, it's important to remember that 30+ years ago, that meant something moderately different than it does in today. These are only going to fit you if you're on the reallllly small side of medium or, more likely, a size small. I've had a lot of folks to the house to try these on who usually wear a medium who simply can't fit into them so, if you're not sure, please ask for exact measurements before buying. All the more because, unlike with music gear, I'm not going to be able to offer returns on these.

Prices are $60 - $95 plus shipping. (Likely $5.00 domestic and $10 - $15 overseas, I'd guess.)

If you only see the front of a shirt, the back is either plain or has some kind of piping. If there's a design on the back, I've shown both sides.

Here we go...

Last edited by Chris Bauer on 17 Apr 2016 6:45 am; edited 3 times in total
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2016 6:46 am    

Flashback! I was married in one like that. Mr. Green

Belgium, Europe
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2016 11:11 am    

Please check mail

Eddy
Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2016 12:08 pm    

Hey Chris - with the average age of this joint and the bodies that go with it, hardly anyone here among the male players is going to fit into a (smallish) medium. Good luck with the sale.

Or take 'em downtown to the Country Music Hall of Fame - maybe they'll give you a glass case for your own exhibit! Wink

I love these shirts, but here's the look I can't stand and I see it every so often when I'm out watching bands: classic western shirt, but tails not tucked in, jeans, and sneakers instead of boots.

There ought to be an ordinance against this - not to mention that every time someone shows up at a gig dressed like that it makes Porter turn in his grave.

Lee, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2016 12:57 pm     Re: Vintage Western Embroidered and Show Shirts

Chris Bauer wrote:

Although all of these are size medium, it's important to remember that 30+ years ago, that meant something moderately different than it does in today.

Not only that but I've noticed that this type of shirt often has a tapered cut. In other words, cut for a tapered gut. (I have had to abandon some nice shirts for the same reason.)
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2016 5:25 pm    

Mark - I'm with you on the 'shirt-over' thing. It's not that I haven't seen it work but I've seen it not work a whole lot more frequently.

As for the fit, perhaps not surprisingly, almost all of the shirts that have sold so far have been bought by women. Doesn't bother me in the slightest - I'm just glad they're going to folks who'll wear 'em again!
Steven Tekulsky

New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2016 11:35 am     Vintage Shirts

I sent a PM yesterday about the plain red shirt, if still available.
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2016 11:45 am    

Hi Steven -

The PM hasn't shown up for some odd reason. (?!) If you could re-send it or email
me, that would be great.

In the meantime, that shirt is still available.

Thanks!
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2016 1:44 pm    

Chris,
What shirts do you have left? I wear a medium but it can't be a small medium.
I kind of like the red one and the plainer black one.
Thanks,
Erv
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2016 5:13 pm    

Hi Erv - All the shirts posted are still available. I've been trying to get the pics of sold ones taken down as quickly as I can.

All, I'm afraid, are on the small side of medium. (In fact, based on who's been buying them, I'm tempted to call them 'large smalls' more than 'small mediums'.)
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2016 7:01 am    

Chris,
Thanks, I used to wear "slims" but those days are gone.
I am now suffering from "furniture disease"; my chest has fallen into my drawers! Laughing
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2016 1:54 pm    

All the shirts shown are still available. Wear a small or a very small medium? Have a sweetie who does? It's never the wrong time to buy yourself - or them - a nice gift. Smile