| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TCA-500 Combo Amplifier Price
John McConnell

Yuba City, CA, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2016 10:11 am    

Anyone know the price on these amps. I saw them in use at the AZ show but the price seems to be a trade secret.
Quilter Steelaire-Fender Twin Reverb
John McConnell

Post  Posted 1 Feb 2016 11:28 am    

Telonics, I guess I should have included this.
Todd Goad

Gray, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2016 7:40 pm    

John, this is a link to their website, which ask you to call or email for pricing. Both avenues are listed at the top. I'm sure Sophie or someone else will get back with you very promptly.

Hope this helps...
John McConnell

Post  Posted 1 Feb 2016 7:45 pm    

I saw the web site. Why are they so secretive about their pricing. I worked in retail for 25 years and we used to say, if there is no price on an item, it is not for sale. Are these guys like car salesmen and just try to get as much out of you as they can? I don't get it.
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2016 8:29 pm     TCA 500 amp price

I don't know what I am talking about, so take that into consideration. I am taking a wild guess that if the price is "out front" that is as far as most people will go because they are expensive amps. I am guessing that they want you to learn all about the amp before you make a snap decision about the price. They want you to first see what you are getting,then the price does
not seem nearly as bad and is justified. My 2 cents worth, probably not worth that.

PS: I hope to own one sometime this year.
John McConnell

Post  Posted 1 Feb 2016 8:33 pm    

So you don't know the price but are going to buy one or did they get you to keep it a secret? I am really happy with my Steelaire Combo bug I like to know what is going around.
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 6:35 am    

Fantastic amps (I am lucky enough to own one).
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Last edited by Ken Byng on 28 Feb 2016 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 2:09 pm    

There are various configurations of the combo amp. The price changes depending on which effects processor, if any, you want. What size speaker you want or even if you only want the head with a separate speaker cabinet. There is also a remote control available. Tell them what you want and Sophie will price it for you.

The car salesman comment was a cheap shot and un-necessary. They have top notch products and fantistic customer service. If you were in the booth, why didn't you just ask?
Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 2:42 pm     Prices

I had always wondered the same, as to why no price listed. Dave , his crew , and all their products are absolutely top notch, and he's a pretty smart guy. I'm guessing with all the options , it might be hard to list a price ?

Maybe he'll see our post and respond. While I agree it is a bit of a hassle having to contact someone to find out a price, knowing Dave and his crew, the reasoning behind the decision to not post a price likely has some sort of logic to it.

I don't think its a marketing ploy. These guys are way too classy for that. Maybe someone from Teleonics will reply.
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 2:50 pm    

I really think it's just the amps being so customized, the exact number can vary greatly. Good stuff, good customer service, well made. We already know that their stuff carries heavy price tags, but they earn it.
Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 2:53 pm    

We all ( working in the Telonics showroom in Phx ) had pricing sheets handed to us before the show started.

I did price several different amp configurations for all the folks who did ask me.

Also, posted on the wall,behind the sunburst amp that was up on the table as you walk in was a good size
chart with prices on it.
I led a few folks up to it & showed it to them..

As Marvin said above, there are several different configurations of the Telonics amp.

It would be best if you decide what configuration you like/prefer & then contact Sophie or Dave & they will gladly give you a price.

Thank You.
Ron

We need to turn the TWANG up a little

It's not what you play through, it's what you play through it.

They say that tone is all in the fingers...I say it is all in your head Smile

Some of the best pieces of life are the little pieces all added up..Ron

the value of friendship. Old friends shine like diamonds, you can always call them and - most important - you can't buy them.
John McConnell

Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 2:59 pm    

I certainly did not want to hurt anyone's feelings. I was hoping someone would say " Mine was $2500 or mine was $5600 or the one on the stage was $10,000 but everyone is pretty set on being mum so thanks for the replies and I will just be happy with my Quilter and if anyone asks I guess I will say "If you have to ask you can't afford it. Thanks again to all that responded.
Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2016 5:35 pm     TCA500 Combo Amplifier Information

John, I’m sorry you didn’t get the information you needed, we clearly didn’t do our job properly.
If you will provide me with your email address via Private Mail I will make sure that it is forwarded to you right way. Or, feel free to call Sophie at 480 892-4444 ext 122 and she will get the right people at Telonics on it right away.

The comments listed in the other posts are insightful and quite correct. Just the research and development alone for our equipment costs far more than the sale of the equipment could ever return.
Also, we want to make sure the correct equipment is chosen with the correct options such that the needs of the particular player are met and any problems he or she may have had in the past are recognized and are resolved by the new system.
Then, we guarantee our equipment without question – because that’s the right thing to do and it's the way 'we' would want to be treated. Period.

Along with our other developments, the TCA500 Combo Amplifier series has four (4)
Different models and two (2) of those models have external speaker variations.

Additionally, the models with the 1U rack space for an effects unit (Full Size and Head units) are available with no EFX unit, with a pre-programmed Lexicon MX-200, or a pre-programmed TC Electronics G major 2 EFX unit.
Then for each of these EFX systems, we make a leg mounted switch controller as well as a new MIDI controller – among other things.

We’ll be glad to send you explanatory information so that you can better understand these options, along with the appropriate technical/usage manuals, photo comparisons and whatever else you might need. (There is so much information that it is best to send it by email.)

I feel very badly that you were given the impression you voiced, we would never knowingly do anything to slight anyone in any way. That’s just not the Cowboy way.

We develop our systems for our own use for gigging - through the input and feedback of the steel guitar community and we gladly share it with our fellow steel players at a net loss because we are all in this together and we love the instrument. We are not in the retail business - fortunately our core business pays the light bill……

Our sincere thanks to everyone, it is appreciated.

If you are able to attend the upcoming TSGA show in Dallas March 10-13, please stop by and visit with us, we will have two large rooms in which to try things out, a table in the vendor hall and we will be furnishing the back line amps on the main stage (fiddles, guitars, harp, horns, the bass system for the main show and amps for the non-pedal show as well.)

And yes, we will still be keeping "the Cave" for jamming and hosting the annual TSGA seminars with a host of builders and engineers to question about any topic you choose.
Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2016 2:28 pm    

What Marvin said. Top notch equipment.
Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 3:03 am    

Marvin Born wrote:
There are various configurations of the combo amp. The price changes depending on which effects processor, if any, you want. What size speaker you want or even if you only want the head with a separate speaker cabinet. There is also a remote control available. Tell them what you want and Sophie will price it for you.

The car salesman comment was a cheap shot and un-necessary. They have top notch products and fantistic customer service. If you were in the booth, why didn't you just ask?

I sure like the pickups !

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 3:19 am    

My sense of humour obviously doesn't travel well across the Atlantic. I didn't want to offend anyone, and those folks who know me in the USA will attest to the fact that I don't deliberately set out to upset anyone. I will delete the offending post.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 3:26 pm    

Question

Last edited by chris ivey on 28 Feb 2016 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 4:01 pm    

Chris, it's not a secret.
Didn't you read Dave's post?
Because they're available in a wide range of cabinet options, effects options, speaker options, et cetera, the price can vary widely. If they were to put the price for the bare minimum, people would get annoyed by the price of one loaded the way they wanted, and if they were to put the fully loaded price, some would be put off by the eye-watering number.
They're around Milkman money.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2016 5:54 pm    

thank you for the ballpark.