| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Service for Dave Musgrave
Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2015 11:33 am    

The service for Dave Musgrave will be Wednesday, December 30, at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at 1357 S. Ingram Mill Rd. Springfield, MO

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2015 10:45 pm     dave

Dave was a great steel player, he played a lot with Ray Price. Dave was also very instrumental in helping get the Ozark Steel Guitar Association started. In 1993 Dave came to my home in Branson Mo and asked me if I would be interested in starting a Steel Guitar Club. I said yes he then suggested we get Tom Brumley involved again ai agreed. We met with Tom and he suggested we get Roger Blevins involved again I agreed. That is how the Ozsga Steel Guitar Association got its start .Dave it is your faut iff anything thing goes wrong in the association so I just wanted the people to know about you and your help in starting the Association. I will miss you David as everyone one that ever met you will miss you. Love you my friend,
Terry Bethel
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Jack Musgrave

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2015 5:27 pm    

Jeremiah and Terry, thanks for sharing. This is the very last picture taken of Dave sitting behind a steel guitar. taken about a month ago at Dave's home. I feel Blessed to have known him and share some great times together

Martha Randall

Hollister, MO
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2015 8:53 am    

R.I.P. Dave.......God bless your family and friends whom I know will miss you greatly.....sorry I never got to meet you!..... Crying or Very sad
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2015 4:40 pm    

As mentioned a Great Steel Guitarist and Great Guy! He was The Special Guest at our 2011 annual Marshfield~ Conway Missouri Steel Guitar Show! Prayers for his Family and Friends!
Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Dec 2015 5:16 am    

Dave was a great,great player to say the least. I worked on his guitars through the years and we became good friends. He will be missed. RIP my friend.
Buffalo Rick Galeener

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2016 3:57 am     Dave & Buffalo Rick in Phoenix

I had the pleasure of working with Dave in "The Phoenix Swing Thing", a ten piece western swing band, I put together for special events. He and Leon Boulanger together was a powerful combination! See a great performance of OBS on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7fwemT8D-E