| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SCORE - Peavey Session 500 Amp.
Gerald Keller

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2015 4:16 pm    

I have been looking for a small Peavey amp for practice for use with a second guitar I have set up in the guest room. Normally I practice in the study which is located in the central part of the house and it is not always a "welcome" sound. Don't know why because I like it but then who am I to say.

I searched the internet, including watching the Forum, but between the cost of an amp and shipping it seemed to be high for what was available AND THEN I searched the Guitar Center site and they were advertising a Peavey Session 500 located in Tacoma WA in excellent condition for $219. SHIPPED! It arrived today here in Phoenix, fantastic packaging and in immaculate condition including a remote switch and owners manual. If I didn't know better, I would have said it was a brand new amp. Plugged her into my Sho-Bud, played with the controls and it sounds GREAT (wish I did)....better than my Nashville 112. As well known, a little heavy but I don't plan on moving it. Just thought I would share. SCORE!!!!
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2015 5:25 pm    

Congratulations on a super deal. Enjoy the sweet sound. Cheers.
Gerald Shaw

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2015 3:25 pm    

Thats a great deal. The session 500 has a lot of cool features. I run a line out of the back of the amp, into my mixer and practice with headphones. To me the sound from that line out gives a great steel tone. I prefer the feed from the session 500 to the POD for playing/recording, where I'm using headphones (for steel that is). Good luck and congrats on a good deal.
Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2015 4:59 pm    

Great amp. Great price. Good luck with it. I paid $250.00 for mine and it needed work. Tenn.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2015 6:51 am    

Dang. That's cheap. And one of the two best Peavey steel amps...
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2015 2:26 pm    

Score for sure! Congrats. Enjoy!
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Dec 2015 6:59 pm    

IMHO, they were the best sounding of all the dedicated pedal steel guitar amps that Peavey made.. Too heavy though!!!! You got a good deal... Something like that would languish at a Guitar Center.. They probably had very little in it, and were glad to be out of it. Not many steel players go looking at GC for steel gear.. bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 26 Dec 2015 8:30 am    

That was a super deal. Most sellers won't ship them at any price. Very Happy
Bob Bartoli

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2016 2:54 pm     Session 500

good score on a great amp, that comes out to about $3.00 per pound.... best..
Gerald Keller

Phoenix, AZ
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2016 3:03 pm    

Never thought of it that way. Cheaper than hamburger!
James Holland

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2016 6:55 pm    

Great deal - I was taught to look for domestic vehicles on the foreign car lots, Fords on Chevy car lots, etc, because they move slowly and discount more as a result. Maybe GC is a good place to look for non-rock gear!
Jim Pitman

Waterbury Ctr. VT 05677 USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2016 1:35 am    

Indeed great price. Living in Phoenix you should have no problem with it. Up where I live in VT, the temperature extremes presented problems for the one I owned. (At 3:00am in the morning I never felt like unloading the amp from the car especially when it was below zero)
If you ever have the reverb cut out or the entire amp cut out suspect the white push on connectors. The female barrels open up and tarnish. It's an easy fix - clean and pinch them back together.
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2016 8:23 am    

This is getting off track quite a bit but I was lusting for a Fender Super Six amp for quite a while.
That is a Fender amp from the '70s with 6 speakers, and yes, it is a beast. Whenever I found one, the seller refused to ship it. Then I found one at a Guitar Center on the East Coast and they would ship it to another GC free of charge. So I bought it and had it shipped to one of their stores close to me. And as mentioned above, they did an excellent job of packaging it. Even pulling out the tubes and wrapping them in bubble wrap to protect them. I am very well pleased!
Erv