| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Christmas Steel Guitar Giveaway ++PICTURES++
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2015 4:40 pm    

I want to acknowledge a gentleman I met several years ago in Dallas, and that's Doug Earnst, builder of the Zum Stage One, and Encore Guitars. I recently approached him with the idea of giving away a guitar to a deserving candidate, and was met with a resounding yes..
This is the season of giving for most of us. So in keeping with what I hope to be a new tradition, I will be presenting this new Stage One, to a very deserving young man that wants to learn to play SO bad....There will be pictures taken, as I present him his new guitar next week....I invite you all to join me in welcoming him to the forum, and supporting him in his efforts, as you have me in mine....
Thank you ALL for sharing this with me......Pictures next week, right before my move to Denver!!.....Merry Christmas Everyone!!
Meet Logan Prickett, recipient of this years Xmas Giveaway...Logan is 12 years old....He will be joining us on the Forum shortly!!!

Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Last edited by Mickey Adams on 9 Dec 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2015 8:24 pm    

Mickey, you never cease to amaze me. You just keep giving, and have much respect from me and all the forum members. Happy Holidays to you my Friend. Larry
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2015 5:13 am    

Larry, I place great value in our friendship. I appreciate you taking the time to post this comment. I wish you and Jean a joyous Holiday season too.....Mick
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2015 5:53 am    

That is great to see someone receiving such a gift. I am anxious to see the pictures.
Jim Hinds

Gallatin, TN USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2015 9:35 am    

Mickey,

Your generosity with your time and money is a testament to who you are. I'd also like to give a shout out to Doug Earnst, who is a great guy that builds great guitars. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Merry Christmas,

Jim
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2015 6:12 pm    

Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2015 6:45 pm    

Hi everyone. Logan is my 12 yr old Grandson. He started showing an interest in learning steel around 4 months ago. He's so excited about receiving his new Zum that words can't express. He also can hardly wait until March for the TSGA Jamboree and getting to meet many of you. I've expressed to him many times how steel players are unique and have a very strong bond toward one another,and most are always willing to help and support each other in any way possible.
This act of kindness and hard work by Mickey and Doug proves and supports what I have been teaching him. Not only did he get a guitar but also received a BJS bar , Goodrich VP , Roland XL amp , picks , cords and an instruction book by Mickey.
Thanks to Mickey for putting all of this together, and Doug for building a fantastic guitar. This guitar plays and sounds great.
And a special thanks to b0b for providing a place that has brought so many of us together.
Ron Sikes

Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats

Last edited by Ronald Sikes on 10 Dec 2015 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 8:15 am    

Go Logan!..Smile
Chris Walke

St Charles, IL
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 11:35 am    

Awesome. So awesome.
Wish I was 12 years old when I started on pedal steel, but at 12 I was playing trumpet and still a year & a half away from starting on acoustic guitar. Wasn't until another 30 years or so passed before I got my first pedal steel.

That's a great head start you have there, Logan! All the best to you as you learn to play this amazing instrument.
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 11:52 am    

Mickey I have known you for 3 years now and I have always known about your sincere generosity towards everyone that is yanking strings and stomping pedals. You sure are an Angel salt of the earth and pillar of society. God has a special place in Heaven for guys and gals like you. You sir deserve to be in the SGHOF!!!! I hope you and Cindy have a very blessed Holiday Season. Slim

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 6:26 pm     Youth orginazation

Congratulations Logan on getting your first pedal steel! You are a lucky boy and I hope you make the best of this because it's a once in a lifetime chance to join the ranks of this brotherhood. There is so much on this forum you can learn that most of us have had to struggle to learn. My suggestion is take advantage of the knowledge here and us it. Don't forget to practice, practice and practice.

Mickey
Thanks for making this happen. Wouldn't it be great if we could get more builders and sponsors involved to where we could bring the steel guitar back to the forefront!
Thanks
Dale Foreman

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2015 7:32 pm    

Congratulations Logan you are a very deserving young man for this. I hope your steel journey takes you to places that you have dreamed of doing. I hope to hear you one day on the big stage. Best of luck to you buddy and may all your dreams come true. Slim