| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Washburn B14 Banjo with HSC & extras: $375: SOLD
Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2015 6:19 pm    

The Washburn B14 is a great banjo for someone getting started or as an upgrade. It has a true bluegrass tone ring, planary tuners, a maple rim, a mahogany neck and resonator, and a rosewood fretboard. Spikes have been installed on the fifth string at 7, 8, 9, & 10. The spikes and a full set-up were done by Monte Hendricks of Hendricks Banjos. The banjo has also been adjusted a few times by Allen Hendricks, also of Hendricks Banjos. The banjo plays excellent and sounds way better than it should for what it costs.

This banjo was virtually un-played when I received it. I played it a lot for about a year, including playing gigs with it. I installed a Schatten pickup on the underside of the head. The pickup is no longer on the banjo, but it would be very easy to install another one. With that pickup I was able to play directly into the FOH/main PA systems, with a small acoustic amp as my monitor. At times I used the normal channel of a Twin Reverb for the banjo, and it worked great. I could hear myself clearly and had very few problems with feedback, even in a very loud country rock band.

The banjo will come with a strap that I never used, a couple extra string sets, the tools that came with the banjo, and the all important banjo mute so you can practice without driving your wife crazy. Banjos are loud!!

Paypay is preferred. $375 plus shipping to be determined. If you live in the SF bay area or Sacramento region we can work out something to avoid the shipping.

Now for the pictures:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0VJtdOXm0isoaU

Sold: Donation on the way