| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Other Clip-On tuners?
Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2015 6:47 am    

Anyone use a clip-on tuner other than the "Snark"?

Korg, Fender, Intelli, and some others also make clip-on chromatic tuners. I've had two "Snark" tuners that turned out to be duds!!!
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2015 10:29 am    

I have four different clip-on tuners. I like the Go-Go TT-1 best of all. Under $25.00 on eBay.

Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2015 10:39 am    

I have several clip-on tuners, all gathering dust except for the Peterson I got. It is so accurate (what, + or - 1/10th of a cent?) that using any other tuner doesn't compare, at least to my ears. Really, others don't come close when you compare their accuracy stats in their manuals.

One problem, though, and I'm serious when I mention it. After using the Peterson for awhile my ear for hearing "in tune" became so developed that it bothers me a whole lot more when my instrument and others' are not in tune.
Benjamin Wolfram

Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2015 1:23 pm    

I think the only clip-on tuner I'd get would be a Peterson, I'll spend the extra money for something I know is going to be far more accurate and probably more sensitive, especially since it needs to detect the notes via sensitivity...hmm I might actually buy one today and try it out, I'm definitely going to buy a little mini Sonic Research Turbo Tuner for my regular guitar board from the same shop so if the Peterson is no good I'll just take it back for store credit but if I get it I'll report back tonight how it goes.

Hmmmm.....the plot thickens!
Benjamin Wolfram

Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2015 2:49 am    

(this is the same post as in my other thread but similar topics so I'll copy and paste it here too)

Well I just got my new Peterson Stroboclip home and clipped it on my Pedal Steel (a Rittenberry S10) and it works like a charm. Compared it to my iPhone Peterson strobe tuner app and it was dead on exactly the same as that. Seemed to work great clipped onto the cabinet rather than the peghead, worked great at any spot really but seemed to maybe work best clipped next to the output jack next to the changer.

Big ups to this tuner, it's a dead accurate simple tuner which just makes a world of sense playing a pedal steel when you can just roll the volume back with your pedal and tune away with the clip-on without having to have another pedal in the chain...A PROPER WINNER!!
Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2015 7:25 am    

I tried a couple and i still use a snark at home but there is a discrepancy between the results between a clip on and my new PB rackmount.
The clip on shows a string in tune and the Korg and my ears say its not. I clip it to the RR leg