| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What is this pedal?
Paul Arntson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 9:15 am    

I saw an amazing steel player last night. He was using a delay pedal. It was odd-shaped, like a small rectangle with one of the long sides at an angle. It was painted orange. I think maybe it said "doolay" but that might have just been the way delay was written. Three knobs. Any ideas? I couldn't hear it in his sound, and he said he was just using it to "stretch out the sound a little".

The reason I'm asking is mostly to figure out what the time range is. His was set at about the middle.

London, England
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 9:38 am    

One of these?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/modtone-mini-mod-delay-guitar-effects-pedal
Paul Arntson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 10:54 am    

Real close. I'll check into this one. Thanks so much. I was overwhelmed with TMI when I just searched on the web. It didn't even occur to me to look at MF. Thanks!

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2015 12:17 pm    

That must have been what I saw. Now that I think about it, it is so small that it must be pretty new, because technology to make it that small is fairly new.

Thanks for doing my research for me. He had it set in about the middle, so from one review I read, that means about 250mS of delay, which is the info I was looking for. I have some idea of where to start experimenting now. Time to stop surfing and go play my steel.

Thanks again, Jeff.

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2015 6:07 am    

I think that pedal is going to use a PT-2399 chip. Fairly common chip on budget priced <350ms delays. I have played with one & it does a good job.
Paul Arntson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2015 11:37 am    

Thanks, Michael. Good info.