| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Paul Franklin and Vince Gill
Cameron Reagin

Douglas, Ga
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2015 10:21 am    

So with all the talk that seems to be going around about Paul Franklin and Vince Gill, I thought I would share my experience.

Last weekend I had the great pleasure to meet and talk to both Paul and Vince...well honestly I didn't do much talking from being starstruck. I mainly listened haha! My Friend, Justin Dukes, opened up for the Time Jumpers at an event in Clayton, Ga. Meeting both Paul and Vince was the best experience I've ever had. Now, I've never had the privilege of meeting many people who are on level that these two are, but I must say they have set the bar extremely high for meeting any anyone else from here on out. Both men were extremely humble, down to earth, and just great guys! Paul talked to us like he was just a regular guy and that we would have no idea who he was or all the work he's done. Vince talked to us for a good 30 minutes about music in general, his music, and even talked to one of the other guys mom on the phone! The coolest part of the whole night was Vince never left the stage. During my friend's opening set, Vince stayed on the stage the whole time and actually listened! The rest of the Time Jumpers and Paul eventually joined him as well. As for the Time Jumpers performance, it was nothing short of amazing. All of them don't get the credit that they deserve, in my opinion. It was so cool to watch a group of guys get to do what they love and have fun at the same time. Mr. Paul, if you happen to read this, I just want to say thanks for taking the time to talk to me and the rest of the guys! It was truly an honor!

[/img]
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2015 10:32 am    

Excellent.
Jason Putnam

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2015 11:51 am    

That's awesome. How's the Stage One doing??

Sycamore, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2015 2:16 pm    

They are both so down to earth. I saw a Time Jumpers show this month and talked to Paul after the show. I mentioned that I was a weekend warrior on steel and his reply was that is all he is, but he gets a few more opportunities! So humble. After another show my bandmates were talking with Paul and he kept saying to them "You know I'm only the pedal steel player "

Douglas, Ga
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2015 6:18 pm    

Jason Putnam wrote:
That's awesome. How's the Stage One doing??

It's doing very well! I've thoght about using it as fire wood a few times, but I'm still trying to plug away at it little by little. It hasn't gotten to see as much action these days between work and guitar gigs. And I found no one wants a steel player that only knows two licks hahaha

Chuck Stowe wrote:
They are both so down to earth. I saw a Time Jumpers show this month and talked to Paul after the show. I mentioned that I was a weekend warrior on steel and his reply was that is all he is, but he gets a few more opportunities! So humble. After another show my bandmates were talking with Paul and he kept saying to them "You know I'm only the pedal steel player "

That's pretty much how he was to us! it's amazing to see someone with so much talent be so humble about what they do. I haven't been gigging as long as others here, but the one thing I've come to find is the guys who are truly humble are the guys who really know how to play. The ones walking around with their nose in the air and high and mighty aren't really the guys who know the music.