| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  West Texas Steel Guitar Jam**The Lumberyard**June 28th**
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 21 May 2015 6:22 am    

Hello fellow steelers!
Just a quick note to let everyone know about the Steel Show/Jam on Sunday June 28th at 1:30pm til 5pm or so. If you are interested in playing, give me a call or an email. Since we usually have quite a few players, I'd like to keep everything organized. I have talked with Danny Letz, Randall Palmore, Leon Langley, and myself for sure. There are 4 as of posting, and it always grows. We will have Chris Owens on bass(corky owens son-played with Gene Watson), Rabbit Pack on drums, and Kacey Toliver on Lead and vocals. I am hoping Keith Duryea will also make it with his fiddle. Anyway, we will have a great afternoon of steelin' and good ole country music. Look forward to seein' you there. Call me for questions and such.
Larry Toliver
Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 9:55 am    

Not sure if I'm up to the trip, but Im sure I can figure out a way! Can't wait!
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 2:16 pm    

I'll be there.Rex Jody said to tell you hey.Terry and I went on the Bobby Flores cruise and had blast,great music

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 5:26 pm    

What is that Rex, about 3 miles you'll have to travel? Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2015 5:31 am    

Thanks Ray!Bet yall had a blast!! Danny, its more like 12 miles if I take the dirt roads. Or should I say, mud roads?
Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2015 5:36 am    

Ray, it looks like a fella with the right connections could talk Jody into coming to the steel jam!!
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 22 May 2015 8:40 am    

If he's not working,which he more than likely is.I'll see what I Can do.

Post  Posted 22 May 2015 10:10 am    

Hey Ray,
Have Jody call me if he wants to come. I might help him with some gas money if he is free. I'll bet he is busy though! Looking forward to seeing everyone there! It should be a good one!
Later
Larry T
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2015 5:33 am    

TTT

Wayne, Nebraska
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2015 2:23 pm    

Wish you weren't so doggone far away Larry.....Sounds like a blast....I'll be thinking of you guys.....Keep that Justice hummin!! Whoa!

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2015 5:36 pm    

Dick,Larry and I come to visit you in Baxter Springs.Its only seven hours from there to here.I promise you won't have to load my stuff this time. Very Happy Very Happy

Wayne, Nebraska
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2015 4:19 am    

That's true Ray, but I'm 9 hrs from Baxter Springs...and anytime you need a hand, this old goat would be happy to help....You boys have a good time, and think of poor old me clear up here in Nebraska! Sad

Post  Posted 20 Jun 2015 9:31 am    

Hey Dick,
That is quite a long way to come for a steel show. Just a reminder to come out on the 28th at 1:30pm for a great afternoon of steelin. As of today (6/20) I have confirmed 10 steel pickers that are coming. Let's see if I can get them all....Danny Letz, Jim Keeney, Leon Langley, Shady Mitchell, Randy Hughes, Randell Palmore, Rex Mayfield, Wally Moyers, (hopefully) Dwayne Burns, and me, Larry Toliver. We will have Rabbit Pack on drums, Kacey Toliver on lead & vocals, and Tony Adams on Bass. I hope I havent missed anyone...let me know if I did, and I'll make it right. Anyway, a great lineup of guys. Come on out...you'll definitely have a good time.
Larry T
Jim Horan

California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2015 7:42 am     west Tex jam

What is the location of the jam? How far from Fort Worth? Thanks, Jim
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 23 Jun 2015 5:42 pm    

Straight down interstate 20 to Roscoe, Tx which is just a few miles west of Sweetwater. It's at a popular place called The Lumberyard in downtown Roscoe. We'd be glad to have you join us.
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 27 Jun 2015 5:14 pm    

I'm getting my gear all lined out to load in the morning and head for Roscoe. Wonder what I'll forget. If you're in the area, stop by and join us for an afternoon of good traditional country music and goofy musicians.
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2015 7:33 pm    

I loaded mine tonight. Gene Williams and I will be there tomorrow also. Looking forward to it.
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 5:06 pm    

Jim, we had a great time didn't we. Thanks for bringin Gene along. He did a great job.
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2015 5:46 pm    

Yes we did Danny,Gene said he really enjoyed it. He loves to sing and play. He played with Randell years ago. They hadn't seen each other in a long time. It's good they got to visit for a while. You and Leon
had a great set enjoyed your tunes. Just want to say thanks to the guys in the band, they do a lot.
It was good to see everybody. Thanks to you and Larry for getting us together. Lets do it again
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 29 Jun 2015 4:40 pm    

Jim, there was some discussion of having the next one at the Aztec Theater in Albany. That will help your driving situation a bit.
Randall Palmore

Albany,TX USA 76430
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2015 5:14 pm     Wtsga

Jim- Many Thanks for allowing me to play on your set with Gene Williams on Sunday at the WTSGA Jam at the Lumberyard. I've known Gene and his wife, Clata for many years and was so happy to see them and get to pick with him. He's a great singer that I have admired for a long time. Your Rains sounded good and you did a great job! Also, Many Thanks to the Wildfire Band and Tony, the bass man. The event simply would not happen without them. All great players for sure! All the steel players were exceptional and I enjoyed seeing and with visiting with everyone. Thanks to the Lumberyard. What a cool venue! Please note that the WTSGA will in fact have a jam the later part of September or early October at the Aztec Theater in downtown Albany, Texas. Will post a date at a later time! All the Best RP
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 30 Jun 2015 4:57 pm    

The Aztec will be an excellent venue. Hopefully some more pickers from the east will come an visit. Can't wait.
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2015 5:32 pm    

The Aztec sounds good.
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 1 Jul 2015 9:20 am    

It was definitely a nice afternoon of steelin! We had several steelers perform. Shady Mitchell and Randy Hughes came, but didn't play. I'm gonna have to throw water balloons at them or something. Danny Letz, Jim Keeney, Randall Palmore, Leon Langley, and yours truly had a wonderful time pickin'. Get ready for the next jam, which we will have in Albany, Texas at the Aztec Theatre. A very nice venue indeed!
PS....Where were you Ray Jenkins????
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 6:55 am    

Larry,sorry for not showing up had some work that had to be done in the pecan orchard in Fabens.The guy that's takes care of the farm is sick. Looking forward to the jam in Albany and hope to be there.