| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deluxe34 Stands. Which one?
Frank James Pracher

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2015 5:23 pm    

I'm getting more gigs as of late and I really need to invest in a stand.
Mark's Deluxe34 look awesome.

Any owners want to weigh in on the various options?

3 or 4 leg?

Universal or Streamliner?

I use a few different laps of various sizes.

Thanks.

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2015 8:15 pm    

I'd definately recommend a Universal model. Having more than one lap steel is the perfect indicator that the Universal would best suit your needs. Btw, Deluxe34 stand includes legs that are adjustable enough to play while standing or sitting. I love mine. Mark Roeder does good work.

Last edited by Rick Barnhart on 24 Jun 2015 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jun 2015 8:50 pm    

I got the Resonator model... got it for my Weissenborn. It fits my JB Frypan perfectly... won't fit my Fender Champs, since the neck bracket is narrow. I like the 3 or 4 leg option, I find myself using 3 legs mostly, sitting down. I could probably get an L-bracket and do just about any guitar with it.

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 6:20 am    

I'd say the Universal model would be your best bet, given the variety of lap steels you play. Talk to Mark Roeder before purchasing - he's a forum member and has been very responsive.
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 7:57 am    

A couple years ago I purchased a used Deluxe34 "Custom" model with three legs from a fellow Forumite from an ad on this Forum. The brackets supplied did not fit my instruments, so I contacted Mark Roeder about fabricating some custom brackets to fit my 1929 squareneck National Style 1 and my Bakelite Ric. The new brackets were delivered within a matter of days and functioned to perfection.

Shortly thereafter I purchased a "Streamliner" model. Unlike the Custom, which was designed to be set up with either three or four legs, the Streamliner is drilled for three legs.

Last winter I made a request for a pair of custom brackets to enable a single Deluxe34 stand to hold two instruments:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=279048&highlight=deluxe34

After sending a couple simple templates of the instruments I wished to use on the new double brackets to Mark, he fabricated the prototype seen in the photos in the above post.

The double brackets have more than exceeded my expectations. Having both a Custom and a Streamliner, I use them both all the time. My favorite is the Streamliner with the double brackets that is semi-permanently set up in my music room. I have a handful of old Gibson Century and Ultratone models in different tunings in regular rotation on and off that double Streamliner. I find that three legs are plenty sturdy, even with two instruments aboard.

You can't go wrong with one of Mark Roeder's Deluxe34 lap steel stands. He will work with you to provide exactly what you need.
Steve Cunningham

Atlanta, GA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 8:43 am    

The 4 leg Universal is a super versatile, durable stand...I've beaten the hell out of mine over the past couple of years, and it still looks/performs great. The center bracket really secures whatever size steel you put on it.

YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/user/SingingStringsMusic?feature=mhee
Frank James Pracher

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 1:25 pm    

I ordered a 4 leg Universal from Mark. It's already on it's way! Thanks for all the replies.

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 1:59 pm    

Good choice, Frank. I'm sure you'll be tickled.