| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  shobud narrow pedals
Paul Smith

Ma
Post  Posted 31 May 2015 5:06 pm    

Hello,

I have a 1973 Shobud 6139 3x1, I was wondering if it is possible to replace the wide type foot pedals with the narrow style pedals, and if so, where would I buy them?

thanks,

smitty
John Billings

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2015 5:25 pm    

I wouldn't even consider it! The wide pedals are great!
'63 Fingertip S-10, at James awaiting 6 knees
'57 Strat, LP Blue
'91 Tele with 60's Maple neck
Dozen more guitars!
Dozens of amps, but SF Quad reverb, Rick Johnson cabs. JBL 15, '64 Vibroverb for at home.
'52 and '56 Pro Amps
Ronnie Boettcher

Brunswick Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2015 7:50 am     Sho~Bud pedals

A few months ago, I traded my 3 narrow ones, for 3 wide ones, and I love the wide ones. Also the fellow that I traded with loves the narrow ones. My advise is the same as Johns. Keep your wide ones. One big concern is I no longer slip off of the A or B, when I am pressing both at the same time. Or just missing one, when I go to press them.

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2015 10:21 am    

Paul,
I love the thin ones. They will fit right on the 1/2" axle with no modification. James Morehead might be a fella to get in touch with to find some. Actually what I did was cut the first two rows of knurling off the sides of my pedals. They cut easily. Guitar played better and looked better. RP

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2015 11:49 am    

They likely will require some modification, but it's fairly minor. The axle mounting system is different on the later thin pedal models, the old mounts were fixed position with a screw through the top and bottom and the axle was right in the center of the rail. The newer narrow pedals were designed to mount in an extruded channel and are closer to the bottom of the rail. There is a small 'stop' cast into the pedals above the axle which will likely need to be ground down or cut off to allow full movement of the pedal.

It's a minor caveat, it was discussed recently here:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2367388#2367388
Ronnie Boettcher

Brunswick Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2015 8:45 pm    

Jason Putnam, put my narrow pedals on his 74 Sho~Bud a few months ago. He is on the forum too. Either you grind that top tab off, or you can flop the axle upside down, and you should get the clearance. Also make sure you get the spacers. Very easy to do. Good luck. Ronnie

Ma
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2015 3:46 am    

Thanks Gentleman,

I think im going to leave well enough alone, and keep the original pedals on there

thanks again for your input

smitty