| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Buck Dilly
William Fraser

New York, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2015 7:43 am    

Just thought I would pass along the sad news , Forum member Buck Dilly Has gone to Steel Guitar Heaven . I had dealings with Buck on the Forum , and somewhere along the line found that we had friends in common & that he played with the Womblers a local band from this area , 30 years ago ,he he was a multi-instrumentalist,who most likely owned my first steel. We will miss you Buck This info was provided by Kurt Henry , another Wombler alumnus.Bill Fraser

florissant, mo. 63031 USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2015 1:25 pm    

RIP buck!
bruce & lynn

Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 4:19 pm    

Man, I was saddened when I first read the news about Buck/Stephen a ways back. He was one of the reasons I play steel. Back in those days in Jersey, there weren't too many people to go out and see playing Pedal Steel live and I used to drive all over the place in NJ and NY to see Blue Sparks just to catch Stephen playing a little bit of steel. In later years, my band played from time to time at the Stanhope House in NJ and he happened to show up one night and sit in... great night.
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 May 2015 5:18 pm    

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to the family. stevet
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 May 2015 3:39 pm    

Wow!I had no idea that Steve Curlinger had passed,Steve was the most awesome guitarist,When I was about 19years old I would go and catch Steve"Buck"play with his amazing band"The Womblers"They were heroes of mine and Steve was one of my guitar idols along with Mike Bloomfield,Amos Garrett,and Clarence White...Rest in Peace my Brother! Crying or Very sad
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 26 May 2015 3:41 pm    

Wow!I had no idea that Steve Curlinger had passed,Steve was the most awesome guitarist,When I was about 19years old I would go and catch Steve"Buck"play with his amazing band"The Womblers"They were heroes of mine and Steve was one of my guitar idols along with Mike Bloomfield,Amos Garrett,and Clarence White...Rest in Peace my Brother! Crying or Very sad
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 26 May 2015 3:41 pm    

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2015 5:10 pm    

What happened. He wasn't that old and looked to be in good shape??