Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Branson Mo Sunday Fun Show Pictures
Charlie Steichen

Branson West, MO, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2015 6:11 am    

Jerry and Venda Hanley started the morning with awesome Church Service

Gene and Gayla Crain joined the Hanleys at the service

Gene Crain started the Sunday show

Charlie Steichen surprised Larry Garrett when he started singing on Larry's set.

Jerry Roller

Carlene Roller sang on Jerry's set

Jerry Newberry finished out the show.

Much better crowd than the start

The players jammed for a few hours

The end of a fun weekend
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2015 9:57 am    

The Sunday event was so much fun! You will never play with a better 3 piece band than those guys. Solid rhythm out of those two guys and Dino is absolutely amazing on guitar!! Such an intimate gathering, we just had ourselves a party. Where else can a guy like me sit beside a Hall of Fame steel player and jam? Charlie thanks for the photos and all you do for the club.
Jerry

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2015 11:11 am     Austin Stewart

Was there no Austin on this show?
I thought he & Brittany was there is Branson all that week?
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2015 2:01 pm    

Fred,
He's on his honeymoon! Give him a break. Whoa!
Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2015 9:27 pm    

Charlie and Rosemary, your pictures tell the story! Mr. Jerry Roller you sure described everything absolutely right!

Austin and Brittany were ice bound and couldn't make it up the hill. The weather did present a problem to many that wanted to come. We had folks there from Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri. A lady from Canada was there. Actually she was there for a quilting party, but was invited to the church service by Pat and John.

Charlie and Rosemary shouldered the load and cheerfully made everyone feel welcome, making sure everyone's needs were met. Both of them spend long hours working for the OzSGA!

You dear people that wanted to be there, your absence was really felt! We know if weather conditions had been right, you would have been there. But everyone that came got to know one another better. Many hours and few people can certainly make friends out of folks and the next time we all meet, we will reminisce about the snowy and icy weekend we enjoyed together and the warmhearted get-together.

We want to say thank-you to Wayne Massengale and Bruce Hoffman for lending their expertise to the super band, Buddy, Dino, and Russ. We know that they are good friends with our president, Terry Bethel, who got to be there, since he wasn't on tour this weekend. Thus we got to enjoy the talent and expertise on the steel guitar that Terry brought to the show.

Now for the July Show, we won't have the cold weather but we'll continue the warmhearted atmosphere that we enjoyed this weekend!

Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2015 8:27 am    

Just to let you know how badly my husband wanted to be there, I brought him home last Thursday from a 5-week stay in the Univ of Mo Med Ctr after knee replacement and ending up with acute kidney failure. He was a VERY sick man. BUT, on Friday he was ready to head out for Branson and the winter steel show. It's probably to his health's advantage that the weather kept us home but he enjoys hearing you players and the friendship of everyone so VERY much. Thanks for the wonderful pictures -- it gave us a little :-/ that we couldn't have been there. It's obvious that it was a super duper show. But, if it's God's will, we'll try to make the July Show...or maybe a jam in between now and then. Smile

Martha and Bob Brenner
Jefferson City, MO
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2015 9:38 am    

Martha, please have Bob check his PM. I have something for him.
Jerry

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2015 10:11 am    

Bob get well soon, I also have knee trouble. I was not able to make the Show either. Ice and deep snow prevented me from getting my 2 wheel drive car out of my driveway. Wish I could have made the show and visited with friends. Maybe next time.
Larry Garrett

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2015 6:04 pm    

Good pictures. Too bad so many couldn't be there due to the weather. I arrived late due to my granddaughter's ballgame but had a great time. Great music and fellowship. I particularly enjoyed visiting with Bruce Hoffman after Saturday's show.

The Sunday service conducted by Jerry and Venda and Gene and Gayla Earlene was wonderful.
Thank you Charlie for singing with me. You're welcome anytime. Very Happy
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2015 9:06 am    

The church service was good and we had a good time all day.