| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Gibson GC D8 $900 -sold please close
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2015 9:48 am    

I bought this steel from another forum member about September of 2014.

This steel is now in phoenix az area if anyone wants to see it in person.

The steel is in EC for being this old...it is NOT a closet queen and has been played and used but not abused. All of the electronics work as they should and it sounds great. There are nicks and scratches on the front and back aprons and in one spot the binding has cracked but none of it is missing. I believe the tuners, knobs, pickups to be original. The legs cavities have been modified to accept Fender style sockets and I purchased some used Fender adjustable legs that are in good shape and work great, (I have the original non-threaded style legs) The case was modified so that the steel can be set in the case upside down with the strings down, like the Fender steels were. The case is in good condition, the latches work and the case is solid and quite functional. I purchased a new leg bag to carry the legs and everything fits in the case just fine. I tried to show the scratches, etc. as best I could with the pics, but feel free to request more pics if you want to see anything specific. Buyer to pay pay pal fees, or I would accept money order and be willing to drive up to 200 miles to deliver. Ship only to lower 48.

I didnt intend to sell it, but dont need three non-pedal steels. I might consider a trade for the right pedal steel.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 27 Mar 2015 7:11 pm; edited 14 times in total
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2015 9:47 am    

I am just trying to get what I have invested in the steel when you throw in the leg improvements, so I will pay the shipping on this steel.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2015 9:02 am    

I got some prices from a very reputable steel person and realized that my price was too high for this steel. Therefore, I have dropped the price to what I feel like is more in line with what the current market might bring. I have more in it than this, but thats ok, my loss is your gain. It is a good steel, just have two other non-pedal steels...both triple necks, and wont play this one that much. Would like to see it go to a good home. Thanks for looking and feel free to contact me with any questions.
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2015 2:47 pm    

In an effort to sweeten the deal some, I will pay shipping on this to Lower 48 only. Thanks for looking.
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2015 4:54 pm    

Not much interest in this old steel, but I am not discouraged....I know its a small market but I feel like the right person will come around to buy it. Feel free to ask questions and thanks for looking.
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2015 9:33 am    

Price drop to $1,000. Good price for a good steel.
thanks !
Adam Nero

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2015 11:20 am    

Yeah, this is a great price for this guitar IMO.

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2015 3:23 pm    

Delete

Last edited by Abe Levy on 22 Mar 2015 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adam Nero

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2015 3:33 pm    

-

Last edited by Adam Nero on 23 Mar 2015 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Abe Levy

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2015 4:19 pm    

Deleted.

Last edited by Abe Levy on 22 Mar 2015 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2015 5:47 pm    

Thanks guys for the comments and vote of confidence...i do appreciate them...i too think it will sell...just a small market for it...i dont think i can go any lower on the price.
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2015 10:13 am    

msg deleted

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 22 Mar 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Horan

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2015 10:37 am     Gibson for sale

Larry, Check with Albert Tally. He let me sale a steel from his booth out in the main vender room. Jim
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2015 11:33 am    

bump for a fine steel from a fine fellow ! Smile
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2015 7:12 pm    

Bob, please close, steel has been sold. Donation to the forum on its way.