| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  B-Bender Tele Pickers ! Got a question for y'all !
Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2015 2:57 pm    

I've been playing a b bender for a while-had one of the first American Standards with the Parsons/Green bender a few years ago.I have another one now & if my old one was heavy,i don't remember it being as heavy as the one i have now....I'm thinking ahead to one day maybe getting a Glaser or McVay equipped Tele...Just wanted to get some opinions on them...anybody go from the Parsons type to the neck plate lever type,any drawbacks,how was the transition,is there a lot of difference in the feel or the movement to actuate the neck plate variety ??? Thanks for your input !
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2015 6:38 pm    

If you want light weight and great functionality get a Glaser fitted. I have three and they've never let me down. It's almost invisible, too, with minimal invasive work on the body.

Speak to John at Joe's shop.
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2015 9:04 pm    

There are more great options than ever for B-Benders these days. Just for kicks you might keep an eye out for one of these: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Music-City-Jr-B-Bender.aspx
I have one and it's a fun, cool, completely different guitar.
Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2015 2:19 am    

if your new tele is heavier than the american standard b bender you'll need a chiropractor. the hipshot version of the parsons/green is made from aircraft aluminum, and is substantially lighter than the chromed steel fender version. the b bender tele bodies that fender used were also boat anchors. i have an 80's mij tele with tht hipshot parsons/green, and it's fine. i would love a glaser though.
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2015 3:41 am    

I just picked up a 97 American standard Bender,it's the 2nd one I have owned. yeh it's heavier than my other Tele's but not crazy bad. I did also a year or so back put a Hipshot on a cheap Tele..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tHnOM30piY

I didn't bond with the B arm and after a short period didn't like the palm lever as it totally disrupted my right hand. So,I took it apart, sold the Hipshot and parked the Tele.

So I am back to the 97 Fender in which the main issue is still... PLAYING with taste and not overdoing it. Shocked

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website