| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lloyd Greens "Bud's Bounce" Tab
Andy Sandoval

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2013 1:33 pm    

Howdy again guys and gals. "Bud's Bounce" comes in several delicious flavors and Lloyd Green's version is one of my favorites. Of course it follows pretty much the classic structure of the original and is a tad bit slower but his version has a sound to it that just grabs me. I managed to tab it out all the way to where the piano break starts then I decided to let my brain cool down and soak it all in before I tackle the rest. The second part after the piano break is gonna really test my ear as I'm new to writing tab and it takes me longer than others to get it all down. Here's what I have so far. If anyone hears anything different I'm open to criticism and appreciate any input. I'd also welcome any help with the rest of the tab.

Listen to Lloyd's version here

Last edited by Andy Sandoval on 15 Feb 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2013 3:23 pm    

Andy,

Sweet! I too really like his version. I've only ever fooled around with the version in the Winston/Keith book, and lately seem to have forgotten a good bit of it. This gives me a chance to revisit the song, but with a different take on it. My ear and playing skills have improved to the point where I am no longer a slave to the tab (but still usually need it as a starting point) - instead, I combine versions, throw in some personal ideas, and end up with something I can feel comfortable with as being mine, yet still worth listening too. This will help.

Doug

Post  Posted 15 Feb 2013 3:56 pm    

Hi Douglas, I know what your talkin about. I've learned from about 4 or 5 different versions and each has something different to add to the mix. Lloyd's version is great and I love the tone he's gettin.
Thomas Ludwig

Augsburg, Germany
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2013 3:24 am    

Thank you for the tabs Andy.

I've been working on this song for some time now.
I use some parts from the Jimmy Day and other parts from the Tom Brumley version. Now I can compare it to the LG version.
Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 22 Feb 2013 7:59 am    

Thank you Andy; be glad and grateful to get the rest.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2013 8:40 am     Bud's Bounce

Andy,
Thanks for the great work on Bud's Bounce. You're doing great on your tabs...keep up the good work....Joe Rouse
Andy Sandoval

Post  Posted 22 Feb 2013 9:41 am    

Thanks guys, workin on tabs has really helped me in developing my ear and also helps me to learn the fretboard too. It's a win win situation I think.
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2013 2:11 pm     Wy to go Andy

Very nice job tabbing a super version of Bud's Bounce. Thanks, Andy. stevet
Archie Nicol R.I.P.

Ayrshire, Scotland
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2013 5:35 pm    

I recorded a souped up version from Wembley in 1976. A microphone from a cassette recorder in front of the speaker of a small transistor radio as the signal came and went. I wish I still had it. I can still play that half a tune before I lost reception. Happy days.

Arch.
Patrick Cullie

Lyons, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2013 8:51 am     sweet

many thanks from a three-pedal, one-knee lever newbie. i'm working my way through it as we speak. great job!
Jonathan Slyker

Montclair, New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2014 8:33 am     Rebel & Ricky's tabs

Hi:

I'm posting this publicly rather than PM'ing you because hopefully some Forum members will benefit from having the R & R tabs available.

If I'm not mistaken, you're the guy who took the time, when they were available on the Rebel & Ricky's site, to download or somehow reproduce/archive the massive data base of old steel audio files and tabs. I recall them being available up until a few years ago, then reading where you had them available to give out.

Is this correct? These audio files and tabs are priceless. Can you please give me access.

Thanks much.