| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New picture of my 3 favorite steels :)
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 10:52 am    

As a young guy, I always wanted the latest "stuff", and now as an old guy, I want the old "stuff".
These 3 bring a smile to my face when I walk in my "man cave" and get ready to sit down and play and practice. I try to play each of them daily, but sometimes I get hung up on one and stick with it all day. The group I play with says the Gibson sounds the best to their ears, but I enjoy each of them equally as far as sound and playing...they each have own uniqueness. No point to this post, just sharing my delight over these steels. BTW, from left to right 1953 Gibson, 1955 Rickenbacker and 1957 Fender.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving !

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
John Booth

Columbus Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 10:53 am    

Drooling . . .
Joe Burke

Toronto, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 1:43 pm    

Can I come over?
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 2:37 pm    

Larry, I will come over with joe Very Happy seriously, what beautiful instruments and I am sure they provide many hours of enjoyment.
Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 2:45 pm    

I'd really love a Console Grand but couldn't justify adding one to my collection (even to myself, let alone to my wife!!).

A friend of mine has a similar Rick to you but the double 8 version. Lovely guitar.
Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 3:15 pm    

Looks Great Larry!!
Happy for you.
I would take the Gibson. Winking
Tony Lombardo

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 3:38 pm    

Is that a blonde Gibson Super 400 back there?
David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 3:48 pm    

Quote:
I'd really love a Console Grand but couldn't justify adding one to my collection (even to myself, let alone to my wife!!)

If I owned even any two of those, I would make a point of never asking the li'l woman which one "sounded best." Very Happy
Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 4:00 pm    

I love the "stage" ... Mr. Green
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 5:21 pm    

Thanks guys for all of the positive comments. I dont deserve all of these toys, but they sure a lot of fun !
The guitar is indeed a 1967 Gibson Super 400...really a great guitar ! The one on the wall is a 1976 Ibanez L5 copy (I think),,,really a great playing guitar whatever it is...I can see why Gibson sued them.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 5:59 pm    

Nice! That looks like a fun room!
Paul Honeycutt

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 8:18 pm    

Party at Larry's!!! Very Happy

A nice collection of instruments there.
Tony Lombardo

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2014 11:51 pm    

Larry, I too am a proud Super 400 owner. Mine is a 1976 sunburst model. Like yours, mine has a single floating pickup. Most of the ones I've seen have two cut-in pickups.
Tony Lombardo

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2014 5:01 am    

The irony of that photo is that your blonde single pickup Gibson Super 400 is in the background. It's value probably approaches (and possibly is equal to) that of all three steel guitars combined. My 400 is nine years younger than yours and in much worse shape; however, I'm routinely offered between $6,000.00 and $7,000.00 for it. Your Super 400 might fetch twice that amount.

Tony L.
Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2014 8:21 am    

Tony Lombardo wrote:
The irony of that photo is that your blonde single pickup Gibson Super 400 is in the background. It's value probably approaches (and possibly is equal to) that of all three steel guitars combined.

It's easy to forget how lucky us steel players are sometimes that we can still get lovely Fenders and Gibsons and Ricks from the 50's for $100s compared to the regular "spanish electric" versions that would be counted in $1,000s
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2014 8:39 am    

Jeff
You are sure right about that ! I was just telling someone yesterday that if those were electric guitars from that era, les pauls, strats, etc, there s no way i could afford them !!
Bob Gibler

Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2014 11:15 pm    

Larry, I still cannot stop drooling at the pic of your 3 steels. You said (As a young guy, I always wanted the latest "stuff", and now as an old guy, I want the old "stuff".) Well I completely agree. I can't keep my hands off of my Wright. Happy Thanksgiving to you and ALL of the Forum Members. Very Happy