| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Just set up my first Push Pull
Harold Parris

Piedmont, Alabama USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2004 5:16 pm    

I just completed setting up my first Emmons push pull guitar. Following John's instruction got me through it and it is working great. It was all out of whack when I got it but she works like a dream now. Thanks John Lacey for your directions.

------------------
Sierra Session and MSA Classic Guitars, Nashville 400, Session 400, and Evans FET 500 HiVolt, and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amps, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Digital Sustain Box .
Harold Parris email hparris9@aol.com

John Steele

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2004 11:59 pm    

I think John Lacey should be commended for his interest in making push/push mechanics accessible to your average Joe.
-John (a.k.a. Joe)
p.s. Congratulations, Harold, you've reached a plateau some never achieve...like me.

[This message was edited by John Steele on 15 February 2004 at 12:48 AM.]

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2004 6:28 am    

Ah, shucks, it weren't nothin'. You're welcome, Harold. I made up those pages out of necessity as I was getting tired of playing an ill-setup guitar. Many kudos go to Bruce Hamilton who wrote the bulk of the setup info.
James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2004 8:24 am    

I think if you had a dollar for every time someone used that P/P Survival Guide, you'ld probably have enough to buy yourself a reconditioned P/P and an amp to go with it !!....What a great service ..Jim
Harold Parris

Piedmont, Alabama USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2004 9:06 am    

Yes the guitar was unbelievably screwed up when I got it. It took several hours, partially due to my inexperience with a push pull system. I can set up an all pull pretty good but I would have been lost on how to set up the push pull without John's instructions. Thanks again for your contribution John.

------------------
Sierra Session and MSA Classic Guitars, Nashville 400, Session 400, and Evans FET 500 HiVolt, and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amps, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Digital Sustain Box .
Harold Parris email hparris9@aol.com

Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2004 5:27 pm    

Harold, welcome to the world of Push Pull. I got my pp in 2000 and have never been sorry. For me, it just fits like a glove. Seems to be an extension of my hands and feet. The best steel that I have ever played. And I've played and owned most of 'em. I wish that I would have gotten one sooner. I also thank John Lacy and Bruce Hamilton for the their help and expertise in helping me, and I hope to see them again at the next steel jam we would all get a chance to attend. I should mention also Mike Cass, another of the push pull gurus. Duane Becker