| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Entertainer's
Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2014 11:41 am    

Why do we have so many talented entertainer's from Oklahoma ? Something the water I guess.

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2014 1:45 pm    

Good question! We have had a large number of extremely talented folks from here over the years.
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2014 2:05 pm    

Maybe there's just not much else to do there? Wink

Anyhow, a quick statistical check reveals that California, New York, Florida, and Nevada are the top states for entertainers, in general. Cool
Darrell Trammell

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2014 3:26 pm    

What Kenny said!
Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 7:38 pm    

Here's a few that I know of, limited to mostly Country Music and in no particular order. Most are Oklahoma born - Don't get me started on the ones that are imported and call Oklahoma their home!

Woody Guthrie, Patti Page, Roger Miller, Johnny Bond, Garth Brooks, Anita Bryant, Gene Autry, Hoyt Axton, JJ Cale, Leon Russell, Norma Jean, Wade Hayes, Vince Gill, Joe Diffee, Ty England, Molly Bee, Henson Cargill, Merle Kilgore, Bryan White, Roger Miller, Toby Keith, Reba, Pake, & Susie McEntire, Sandi Patti, Blake Shelton, Jamie Richards, B.J. Thomas, Tommy Overstreet, Jimmy Webb, Carrie Underwood, Sheb Wooley, Me, Mel McDaniel, and Wanda Jackson. I think there's some rock groups with origins here: Flaming Lips & All American Rejects. Don't think they use Pedal Steel, so I don't know much about them.

Donny - Come see us, and I'll show you some cool stuff to do!
Bill L. Wilson

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2014 8:16 pm     It's Quiet Here.

I'm out here in the Cross Timbers of Oklahoma and enjoy settin' in my Rockin' Chair, on the back porch every mornin' and havin' my Hot Tea, listenin' to the Birds, Cows, Coyotes, and anything else that cares to chime in..... Then this Fri. night, I'm off to play my Emmons at The White Trash Pasture Party in Fargo Okla...... The cost of livin' is low, the Peace and Quiet is Tremendous unless my neighbor is teaching a gun class. Then it sounds like a 9mm&45Cal. war goin' on......There's always somethin' goin' on in Okla.....That's Why We Love it Here.