| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Labor Day sale on Korg Pandora Mini, practice gizmo
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2014 8:58 am    

I don't own any stock in Sweetwater, but saw something of interest to many of us, they're having a great sale on what looks like a great travel practice tool, the Korg Pandora Mini. Has all the usual useless lead guitar presets, room for 200 of your own, metronome, rhythm machine, full size headphone jack, aux in that you can pitch shift up or down the input music, can use 7 effects at once, runs on one AA battery (can run on USB power).

Sale price is $59.99 through 9/1/14. normally $225. Even includes a 2-year warranty.

I'd say this is probably a worthy rival to the Line 6 Mini POD, at a fraction of the price.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PXminiWH
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2014 10:31 am    

I tried a Korg Pandora and sent it back. Same with the mini POD.
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2014 11:05 am    

Jack, what didn't suit you about the Pandora Mini? I still look at it as a low-cost practice headphone amp, but I haven't actually tried one, just looks good on paper. Like to hear your experience. I agree, the Line 6 Mini POD is a way overpriced, fragile gizmo, but still was better than most others.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2014 11:33 am    

I didn't have a mini. This was about 3 years ago, I don't remember what model (could have been a Pandora Box?) but it was around $180 at the time.

I tired the POD Mini, as I use a POD X3 hoping to find a smaller version to carry around but couldn't find anything I liked. Everything seemed to be focused around distorted lead guitar. I only use effects in the POD X3 no amp sims (live).