| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Revelation Rack project
Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2014 8:14 pm    

I just finished this Rev Pre and custom rack a few hours ago. Its happy new owner is driving up on Friday to pick it up.

Brad

Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 2:21 am    

...always a pretty sight in my opinion, hard to beat a Revelation setup...
Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 6:29 am    

Such beautiful stuff, Brad. St. Louis is my hometown and its great to see your work and what other people, like Obeid Khan, are doing for sound. Listening to some of the classical music played on PSG, which is the perfect instrument to take the place of harpsichord (of course I feel that the PSG supersedes the harpsichord for tone, versatility, and functionality Mr. Green) I like what this fella does with a Franklin/ Revelation matchup...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5qU_9KIo0

The better I get at steel, the less I see the need to get a "better" steel than what I have, but the amp is another story. Someday either an SMS Classic or Revelation will be mine!
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 2:30 pm    

Great system! All of Brad's products are taylored with his ear to the ground for steel players.

Lenny
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2014 4:30 pm    

That's my exact pre system. M-350, as mine? I also have a Carvin Ht-400 in the same rack. It's the ultimate pre combination.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Revelation preamp, Carbon Copy Delay and Hall Of Fame Reverb, Crown XLS 1002, 2- 15" Eminence Wheelhouse speakers, ShoBud Pedal, Effects Pedals. 1949 Epiphone D-8.
Ray DeVoe

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2014 7:13 am     Revelation Preamps

Brad's tube preamps are "top shelf" units. Smile They all sound terrific and are made of quality components. He is a great guy to deal with and he stands behind all of his products.

Here is another terrific Revelation rack setup which I have used for many years. The setup has performed flawlessly. The effects unit is a T C Electronics M One which also works well in the Revelations effect loop.

Installing it in a rack like this makes for very quick setup time as well as easy access to the components.

Ray DeVoe
Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2014 8:42 am    

Nice rig Ray, and NICE guitar!!

Brad
Ray DeVoe

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2014 1:48 am    

Hi Brad

It's great to see that you are building more Revelation preamps. The Revelation is still my favorite out of your product line due to it's versatility. The "built in" black box circuit and effects loop, are big positives.

And thanks for the compliment on the guitar. It sounds terrific through the Revelation rack setup. The Revelation in this rack unit must be at least 10 years old now and it has seen a lot of stage time. It has worked flawlessly over the entire time frame and I constantly receive compliments on the tone that I achieve with this setup.

===================================================

For the fun if it, below are two pictures documenting some of your preamp product lineup. I still own both of these.

No longer in production, " Tonic preamp " mounted in a TC Furlong 15" split combo cabinet. I just used this out the other day and it still sounds and works great.

Current model "Classic preamp" mounted in a TC Furlong 15" two rack space combo cabinet. This is a terrific all in one unit that works great for quick setup time. This is my "grab and go" unit if I don't want to take a rack out.

Thanks Brad for many years of great products and support to the steel community.

A special note and thanks to TC Furlong as well. TC turned out a terrific powered speaker. The above are fine examples of his work.

Ray
Jack Ritter

Enid, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2014 4:02 pm    

Proud to say this is my new Rev Rack . We met Brad Friday and it was a real pleasure to meet this young gentleman. His personality and products are the finest and a nice fellow to deal with-very informative. This is my 2nd Rev rack assy and it is gonna make loading and setting up much more easy and quicker for this near 80 year old and back to the great sound it will produce. Keep on making your great products, Brad, and nice to meet ya!

Jack

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2014 8:47 pm    

It was my pleasure Jack. Enjoy!

Brad
Kerry Johnson

the Bay Area, CA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2014 11:23 am     Revelation Pre

Eight 6550 power tubes. 4 per channel = 160 watts per-channel Stereo.Heavy ... but Tube-O-Licious Dude!

Last edited by Kerry Johnson on 25 Aug 2014 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
chas smith R.I.P.

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2014 11:46 am    

And my Rev pre in a rack. Two "boxes" down is the Matrix power amp that gives me 500 watts per side or 1000 watts mono. Did someone say,turn up the steel guitar...
Kerry Johnson

the Bay Area, CA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2014 6:11 pm     Revelation Pre rack

Hey Chas ... I'd love to setup my rack next to your rack and listen to these babies take off ! Yah