| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sold Locally
Alan Harrison

Murfreesboro Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2014 12:49 pm    

I have a pair of Alumatone PUPs. Great condition, just removed them from my Mullen. Wide mount. $115 for the pair shipped in the USA. SOLD

"I Steel Without Remorse"

Last edited by Alan Harrison on 20 Aug 2014 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
David Stilley

Santa Cruz, California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2014 6:44 pm    

Hi Alan,

Just curious, but what did you put in to replace the Alumatones? I'm using one in my 12 string and I love the clarity.

Murfreesboro Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2014 3:37 am     705's

Hi David, I guess I just wanted something different so I went to 705's. I now it sounds strange to say but maybe just a little too clear.

"I Steel Without Remorse"
David Stilley

Santa Cruz, California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2014 5:36 am     Enjoy that new guitar.

Yea, I know what you mean. I still have my first steel, a Maverick. And those old single coil Sho-Bud pickups just have such a live sound. It blooms as you play giving the bar a little vibrato and the sound just swells and blooms. My new steel with the Alumitone pickup is cleaner and more clear but it doesn't have that blooming quality. But those Lace Alumatones are pretty popular, someone will grab those quick, it's a cheap price your letting them go for, less than 50% of the new price I think.