| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedal Master guitars??
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 4:09 am    

I have seen this and other brands like Lone Star,Remington and some Canadian brand that I forgot the name of[VERY LOW priced I recall.. also VERY short warrantee!] I was just wondering how some of these guitars stack up against the better known names that we all play bob

[This message was edited by Bob Carlucci on 16 January 2004 at 04:10 AM.]

Andy Zahnd

Switzerland
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 8:31 am    

Pedalmaster Guitar are extremly well made from Roy Thomas down in Maurice, LA! Roy is a great person to deal with! he knows what he's doing, he's honest and also the"post"service is great!I own now for a few years a Pedalmaster Keyless and I'm happy with it! Only one other guitar beat a Pedalmaster..... because the sound of it.... its a Fessenden!!!!

Happy Steelin'
Andy

here Roy's Webpage: http://www.pedalmastersteelguitar.com/
Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 11:33 am    

Bob- the pedalmaster is a fantastic steel, and Roy Thomas is a great guy to deal with. You won`t regret it if you get a pedalmster. Steve
Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 5:36 pm    

Love the guitar. Can have a listen at: www.bobstrum.com
Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 6:44 pm    

In terms of low-priced Canadian brands, there was a guitar called the VLC for awhile - very low priced indeed, and a large level of customer dissatisfaction. That is probably the one you remember Bob, because the CAnadian manufactureres that I know of (with that one exception) have good reputations. The best known Canadian manufacturer is Eddie Fulawka, and his steels are generally accepted as being of extremely high quality, as Ricky Davis, John Arnold and other Fulawka players will no doubt attest. The other Canadian manufacturer that comes to mind is Wayne Link in Winnipeg, and although there aren't that many of his guitars around he has a good reputation and his guitars are, from what I've heard (been a long time since I've seen one) well-constructed. Wayne puts on a steel show every spring. The only Canadian guitar that fits the bill is the ill-fated VLC, produced by a person named Randy Reimer, who received a lot of bad publicity on the Forum awhile back.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2004 7:04 pm    

VLC it was.. the prices were too "good to be true".. and I figured the guitars were not something I would be interested in. I was just wondering about some of these"other brands" because they are not well represented[in terms of players using them] among the members here. bob
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2004 7:19 am    

Hi Bob. I have been playing Pedalmaster steel guitars for quite a while and they are as good as they come mechanically and of couse, 90% of the tone is in the player on any guitar. I have seen Jeff Newman, Johnny Cox, and Buddy Emmons play 7 or 8 different brands of guitars and they all had great tone. Mr. Roy's service after the sale is excellent. Give him a call at 337 893 6418. Jody.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2004 9:01 am    

Jody.. thanks for the info but I have a new Carter on order!.. I was just interested in the brand because I have seen the website,but knew nothing of the brand at all. they sure do look nice don't they?.... bob
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2004 5:43 pm    

I played A U12 Fri. nite it is great, thanks Randy.

ernie
Nicholas Dedring

Beacon, New York, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2004 9:18 am    

I have an MCI with an undercarriage that was rebuilt (built) by Roy Thomas at Pedalmaster. I have been really happy with it, and he's a super guy to deal with. I bought the axe used, and UPS must have thrown the package against the wall... one of the pedals snapped at the shaft, and Mr. Thomas sent a replacement at no charge out of old stock MCI parts he had... above and beyond the call. Plays nice, easy to swap copedant, sounds good, though I have a different body and changer...
Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2004 9:47 am    

I played one Saturday and was impressed. Good tone and good mechanics. Mr. Thomas is a superb guy, too!