| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Let's see if I can post this Dekley
Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2004 9:09 pm    

Hi, I've been lurking here for quite awhile & finally joined. I'm just learning how to post a pic so we'll see if I've got it down. If it posts--This is a Dekley I've had since about '82 and just sold it last week.

Jack Dougherty

Spring Hill, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 1:11 pm    

Welcome

Question 1....Why??
Question 2... Did you replace it with something else???

------------------
There is no such thing as too many steels!!
Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 2:48 pm    

Yes Jack, years ago I migrated over to a Super Pro. I always did like the Dekley alot for it's warm and unique sound but just liked the Bud better I guess. It was like waving goodbye to an old friend. Now I've got this old Professional that I've kept for years that was pretty banged up by the previous owner. It's now in line at Duane Marrs's shop to be completly redone/upgraded! I guess I'll be selling the Super Pro in three or four months. I'm kind of just getting back into it after being busy trucking for the past few years. I get to play out once in awhile but I think this Professional might pull me back off the road for good. I've been getting my fingers moving with Ricky Davis's Share a Lick course and can tell I'm already addicted again. Thanks Ricky and all of you!
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 2:52 pm    

Hi, Scott . How did you post the picture ? do you have a web site ? I was told you had to have a web site in order to post a picture . Is this correct ? Gary.
Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 20 Jan 2004 3:45 pm    

Hi Gary, I went to pbase.com because I'd heard they were a good host. You don't have to have a website just a host for your photos on the net. If you get their free service you wont be able to link your pics to another site (like this one) but a year subscription is only $23 to host 100MB (about 400 pics I guess). Once you subscribe and upload your pics you just type the path to them right in the forum message. You find the path by right clicking on the picture. ALSO: you'll need to type this [img] before the path and [/img] after the path leaving no spaces.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2004 3:32 pm    

Thanks Scott . Regards,,,Gary.
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2004 5:56 pm    

.....and I have that Dekley sittin' in my Room Right now....what a sweeeeeet Guitar. Gunna clean her up and put new fretboards on her...and tweek out the system....and WOW Jim Smith; you are quite a craftsman/assembler/Designer.....this is a great Pedal Steel...
Ricky
Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2004 6:13 pm    

Hi Ricky, I felt the same way about it. Sometimes we gotta make choices though & I'm kind of going for broke for my steel in Duane's shop. You should hear it opened up on stage some night--you might not let go of it! I'm glad you like it. I bought it new from Mac McDonald in Colorado Springs in (I think)'82.
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2004 8:20 pm    

WEll I'm just tweekin' it up for Randy Carson...I got my steel that I like as well as anything....>but I will play this one.
Ricky
Scott Denniston

Post  Posted 22 Jan 2004 8:29 am    

That's great. Say hi to Randy for me. Hope he enjoys it. I guess you can see on the neckplate where my picking "sweet spot" was on that guitar-heh!