| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A Week In Nashville During the CMA Fan Fair Festival
Dave A. Burley

Franklin, In. USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 10:16 pm    

I just got back from 8 days in Nashville, Tenn. for the CMA Festival. We showcased several artists at Layla's 11 a.m. til 4 p.m. including the Wheeling Jamboree artists...... After the showcases we visited all over Nashville and were really happy to discover that there is a lot of our great country music alive and well. Not on Lower Broadway though. Lower Broadway now belongs to the wild rock crowd and is a tourist destination. The Palace, 3rd and Lindsey, Station Inn and many other venues around the city had great classic country and western swing with great pedal steel guitar players. Monday night went to the Station Inn and caught Doug Jernigan along with Aubrey Hayne along with Larry Cordle, Mike Bub and oters in the band. Glen Campbell's daughter, Ashley, guested on 'Gentle On My Mind.' The young girl can sing and Doug Jernigan absolutely tore the break up. Michael Sweeney, Danny Muhabid, Tommy White, Mike Jones, Ronnie Miler, Randy Smith, Chuck Stowe, the Nashville Steel show on Tues. and several other's were in the clubs. Yes, there is a lot of pedal steel in Nashville....You just have to stay away from Lower Broadway except for the Stage and the club that Tommy White plays in. See you all at the Indy Steel Guitar Club this coming Sunday. Dave A. Burley
P.O. Box #211
Franklin, Ind. 46131

Buddy Emmons/Jimmy Bryant live $15.00 includes shipping.
It's The First Time(studio)$15.00 includes shipping.
Curley Chalker/Julian Tharpe live $15.00 includes shipping.
the Cavalcade Of Guitars live $16.00 includes shipping.
Pay by PayPal to: dab7875159@aol.com
Jerry Fessenden

Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2014 2:35 am     A Week in Nashville

I agree that there is a lot of country music still going on . But, there are still other clubs on lower Broad , like Roberts ...I think I saw 4 bands with steels two weeks ago ... But it is true that many clubs down there are real wild now ,,rockin with a scratchy fiddle ! . See ya Sunday at the Indy show . JF
Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2014 7:58 pm     Cma

Greetings Dave, Where can I get an application to sign up to work where you work? Smile Sounds like a fun place to work, at least 8 days a year. I gotta get up to Nashburg again soon. Glad to hear that all good country music hasn't been "kilt" yet. Ain't gonna happen !!

Skip Cool
Dave A. Burley

Franklin, In. USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2014 10:22 pm     steel guitar

Skip....To answer your question...First you have to get old, old, old. Then you need lot's of friends in low places. I think I will head for Michigan for a week first of July.....Back here to southern Ind. and then back to Nashville for another week or so. Come on and ride along.......................Love the steel guitar and the real Classic Country music.
P.O. Box #211
Franklin, Ind. 46131

Buddy Emmons/Jimmy Bryant live $15.00 includes shipping.
It's The First Time(studio)$15.00 includes shipping.
Curley Chalker/Julian Tharpe live $15.00 includes shipping.
the Cavalcade Of Guitars live $16.00 includes shipping.
Pay by PayPal to: dab7875159@aol.com
Bob Ricker

Nashville Tn
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2014 3:53 am    

I saw one of the most entertaining shows I had seen in a while at Robert's on Broadway Sunday afternoon.

It was Rachael Hester and the Tennessee Walkers. Great song selection. Rachael did a great job handling requests. She really nailed Patsy Clines "If You've Got Leaving On Your Mind". The group also played some very creative originals.
Chris Scruggs played guitar and Fender non-pedal steel, and did one of the best renditions of Hank Snow I have heard.
Hoot Hester supplied some western swing vocals and fine fiddle playing. The rhythm section was on the money whether shuffle or ballad.
I was really impressed with the creativeness and song selection, just very enjoyable.

I think traditional/Classic Country is nowhere close to being gone. Just check out the young singer Rachael Hester and her band, you will be reassured.
Paul E. Brennan

Dublin, Ireland
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2014 4:00 am    

I caught Rachael Hestor in Robert's back in April. She had her dad on fiddle and Kenny Vaughn on guitar. Fantastic band!

As for the rest of the honky tonks on Broadway - utter rubbish!
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2014 11:47 pm    

if you think bars on lower Broadway are "utter rubbish", try listening Nashville "country music" radio stations... lol ...

Db

Rossville TN
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2014 4:26 am    

I went to Roberts Saturday night, and could not believe the crowds that are downtown now. The locals say it is because of the tv show Nashville.