| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedal steel in Nashville
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2014 7:17 am    

Where to catch some steel players in Nashville June 25-27 . Going to the opry Friday the 27th and hopefully catch TW playing !
Joe Moulton

OPP,ALABAMA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2014 12:23 pm     Nashville

IF YOU ARE DOWNTOWN MAYBE LEDGENS CONOR ROBERTS WESTERN WORLD SAME SIDE OF THE ST. MONDAY 3RD AND LINDSEY TIME JUMPERS ,GOODLESVILLE LONG HOLLOW BLUE CREEK GOOD COUNTRY MUSIC TELL ERNIE ROWELL I SAID HELLO

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2014 2:30 pm     Steel in Nashville

Thanks ,Joe . I'll check 'em out
Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2014 6:13 pm    

Hang 'til Monday and catch a
whole four hours of Tommy at
Crossroads with Vince Moreno.
~Rw
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2014 8:19 am    

Boy I'd love to Russ, but I've got to get back to work. My wife is using the other week and a half of vacation at the beach. I'll just have to make another trip. Tommy is one that I really wanted to see.
Robert Rhea

Panama City, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 8:54 am    

Tony,

I got to see 3 great players at 4 different places when I was up there in March. I can't wait to go back with my wife to hang out again. Try to avoid parking in an expensive lot!

Check out my post for details:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=262061&highlight=

Bob
Bob Knight

Bowling Green KY
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 11:54 am    

Quote:
Try to avoid parking in an expensive lot!

Good Luck with that Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
"Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent."

— Steve Martin
Mike Jones

Goodlettsville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 1:02 pm    

Weds night the 25th I'm playing at legends on 5th and broadway from 6 to 10 pm. With Mike Siler and the short notice band. We do old country and Western swing.
Thursday go to the stage, on broadway and tommy white has been picking there with my buddy Vince Moreno, from 2 till 6. I play the Stage Friday at 11 to 2 with Scotty Williams.
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 2:29 pm    

Hey Tony,

On Thursday the 26th, our group "STILL COUNTRY" will be doing a special tribute to legendary steel player Billy Robinson. This will be at the Long Hollow Jamboree, just north of Nashville. Billy is a real piece of country music history, a member of the International Steel Guitar Hall of Fame, and one of the nicest guys ever. If you've never had the chance to meet and talk with Billy, or to hear him play live, don't miss this opportunity.

I'll be putting an official announcement in the next day or so here on the forum with all the details. Hope to see you there.

Jim
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 3:50 pm    

Thanks Guys ! I'm gonna try to catch all of em I can . Robert, I saw your post a while back but couldn't find it again. We're normally at Panama City beach this time of year, but goin to the Keys this time. Two weeks without my emmons is gonna be a killer ! Can't wait to get to Nashville . Kaleigh Bullard, who is miss Nashville, played and sang in our band in oklahoma, will be competing for Miss Tennessee this week.
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 4:39 pm    

Two weeks without your Emmons will be rough for sure. Hearing some good steel playing will good for you and make you want to play when you get home.
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 7:41 pm    

Yea Paul , I'll have a lot of stuff to work on when I get back home after listening to these great players !
Bob Brenner

Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 6:00 am    

On June 5-10 We were in Nashville celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniv and saw Tommy as much as we could (Fri & Sat at the Opry House and Sat Matinee at the Ryman) We didn't dare try to drive downtown since the CMA festival was in full swing!! Took a cab from the Opryland Hotel.

Tommy White plays downtown at the NASHVILLE CROSSROADS on Monday nights from 6-10. This is right next to ET Record Shop...across street from Legends. Actually, they start later than 6, but Tommy was there at 6 and we had a good visit with him.

ALSO, there is good music every evening at the NASHVILLE PALACE across McGavock Pike from the Opryland Hotel. Super band. Ronny Miley (not sure of spelling) is the steel player. We also saw Mike Sweeney just leaving there after his set. They are open with music from 11am to 3am. So there's a lot of opportunity to see steel players. Oh, and the first night we were there, Rhonda Vincent was in the back room ($20 charge) along with Daryle Singletary and MIKE JOHNSON on the steel. She did pure country that night. What a treat!
Shorty Rogers

Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 7:06 am    

I highly recommend the Nashville Palace. I was there last night (Sun) and saw Tommy Hannum with Wendy Newcomer and 50 Shades of Hay, followed by Ronny Miley with the Palace Band fronted by Larry Hamilton and featuring a healing Dennis Payne on both feet all night (no stool). Great music, lots of FREE parking, and very reasonable volume levels. Palace Band is there Thurs-Sun.
Full schedule at http://Nashville-Palace.com/front-room-stage/
Bob Brenner

Jefferson City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 10:06 am    

Kelsay Walden, a bartender at the Nashville Palace, sang several songs while we were there. She has an album ready to come out, an excellent classic country singer, and is ever bit as good as some of the stuff they have at the Opry. When we listen to the Opry at home, some of it is pretty generic to say the least. Just the opinion at this house. We were there for the oldies and were able to see most of them...even Little Jimmy Dickens joked and sang. Can't quit talking about our trip to Nashville.
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jun 2014 3:38 pm    

Thanks fellas ! Sounds like there is still plenty of good country music in Nashville. I can see already I'm gonna need more time !

Zephyrhills,Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2014 8:36 am    

We'e leaving today to see some of these guys. We'll only be there a few days, but I'm sure looking forward to it.
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2014 6:10 pm    

Larry, we're vacationing in Venice Beach, Florida right now , but we can't wait to get to Nashville !

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2014 3:48 am    

We were able to catch Robbie Turner playing some classic country a Layla's Bluegrass Inn last night ( the 23rd). Boy can he play some classic country steel ! He was playing a Sho Pro thru an Evans amp. We then went to the Station Inn and caught Doug Jernigan with Larry Cordle, , Carl Jackson, and the gang . What a show ! Doug played everything from classic country to bluegrass to gospel on his Zum, playing thru a Nashville 400 . Ashley Campbell , Glen Campbell's daughter , sang an original that was good country.

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2014 6:55 am    

OOPS Too Late Oh Well Smile
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2014 7:42 am    

Thought we might catch Tommy White at crossroads Monday night, but they had another band playing . Tommy, if your out there, are you playing at The Stage ? Thanks, Tony