| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Blue Zum D-10 w/ 9x8 - Sold pending payment
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2014 8:50 pm    

This is a 25th Anniversary Zum that I have actually owned twice and love. However, it just isn't being played and there are some upcoming bills to pay.

The E9th neck is essentially standard Emmons with some extra changes. There are also a couple of different changes than usual on the C6th. (All the standard changes are there as well.) Glad to send the full tuning to anyone interested.

The E9th neck is 4x5 and the C6th is 6 x 5. (P4 is set up to work on both necks.)

Pics are a couple of posts below.

The guitar plays great and sounds stunning - it just needs someone to be playing it.

Last edited by Chris Bauer on 13 Jun 2014 10:25 am; edited 5 times in total
memphislim

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2014 10:10 pm    

Chris I am interested in the guitar if it is a hybrid. Please let me know and pending pics I will take it.
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 5:00 am    

Hi gang - some quickly-shot photos are in the post below this one. Here are the answers to the questions I've gotten so far that I haven't answered personally:

1. This guitar is a 2001 model with the 25th Anniversary sticker still in place.

2. It is standard changer. (Made before the hybrid was designed.)

3. The blue isn't very dark. It's closest to what's called "Patriot Blue" on the Zum site. Of the current colors on Bruce's site, it is actually one of the lighter blues among the few offered.

4. The case is Ozite covered and in fine shape (Pics to follow along with pics of the guitar.)

5. The pickups are factory Zum pickups as far as I know but can't swear to it. All I know is that the body and sustain of the sound on this guitar are great.

6. I am not the original owner. As far as I recall, I was the third owner. I bought it from a forumite, traded it to a forumite, and then bought it back at a later date. (So, I guess that would make me the third and fifth owner, actually. Smile )

7. It is it top shape mechanically. Set the pedals where you want them, put on some new strings, and you'll have every bit of Zum feel and tone I can imagine you'd ever want. (Unless you're specifically after a hybrid.)

8. The only sign of wear is one screw that an earlier owner seems to have replaced that shows some oxidation. (There are no signs of oxidation anywhere else on the body of the guitar which is why I feel confident that it's just this one piece.) Also, there are tape 'markers' on the pedal rods for placing them in correct order when in low light.

Glad to answer any other questions you may have and will hope to have pics up sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Chris Bauer on 13 Jun 2014 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 5:53 am    

Here are some hurredly-shot pics. Glad to re-shoot anything you'd like to see better. (Also, those of you who have bought from me before know that if you're interested, I'll want to have a phone call with you to walk you through the guitar inch-by-inch before shipment. I'm a fan of buyers knowing exactly what to expect when a guitar arrives at their house.)

Let's look at some pics...

Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 6:41 am    

I've had a couple of tentative full-price offers and a solid a-little-under-full-price offer. If you think you might be interested, please let me know asap as I'll want to work on firming up a deal with folks in the order of who contacted me.

I'd like to have this wrapped up within a couple of days if at all possible and I'll be contacting you in the order of messages I've received. Thanks! Glad to see this much interest in the guitar.
David Alexander

Mead, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 7:07 am    

Email sent
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 7:10 am    

Thanks, David. No sign of your email yet. Would you mind re-ending it just in case.
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 7:31 am    

If you're emailing me through the forum, I've had at least one message not seem to come through. Not sure why. Please post here with your contact information and I'll get back to you asap. Thanks!

(David, I got your 'back up' email sent directly to me and have replied directly back to you via email.)
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 9:41 am    

I've had a couple of people ask me to text them specific shots and I'll be happy to do that. Just email me or leave me a message here about what you'd like shots of as well as how best to reach you. Thanks. (Domestic U.S. only, I'm afraid, as I don't have an international texting plan.)
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 10:24 am    

Guitar is sold pending payment. Forum donation to follow.
Kevin Raymer

Chalybeate, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 10:30 am    

DANG !!!!!!

That was FAST !!!!!

Zums get gobbled up in hurry around here..

Smile
Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2014 10:33 am    

Kevin Raymer wrote:
DANG !!!!!!

That was FAST !!!!!

Zums get gobbled up in hurry around here..

Smile

Ya darn tootin' Smile

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------