| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  emmons guitar
Gregg Duncan

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2014 11:32 am    

Selling a 2001 D 10 emmons guitar 8 ,5 I bought six months ago used. this guitar is as new I don't have a camera but this is what i say.1 Scrach on pedal board small small nick on end plate. Case like new. I have letter from emmons factory of date of manufactor. 314 680 0598 any questions asking 3800 $ I pay shipping
The color is black
Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 31 May 2014 3:32 pm    

Is there ANYONE anymore who does not own even a simple digital camera? They're dirt-cheap.

You'll have a tough sell if people can't at least see a picture.

Last edited by Dave Potter on 1 Jun 2014 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2014 2:31 am    

or a cell phone with a camera ! not trying to be funny, but PIX are required...

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2014 4:51 am    

Sorry but those are true statements. It ain't like the old days.
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2014 10:05 pm    

The man say's it's Black,and as new with the paper work.

That's all the picture I'd need if I were in the market. He should have included if it's a LII or LIII. But he did list his phone#. Bet the guitar has a serial #. And it's very likely the dealer that sold it to him. Also built it. But, you will have to call the man to find this out.

Bottom line. It's all about trust anyway. If someone's out to get you. They're going to with or without pictures.

Just my opinion of course.
Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2014 3:38 pm    

Bobby Boggs wrote:
It's all about trust anyway.

Right. Trust....but verify.

Quote:
If someone's out to get you. They're going to with or without pictures.

And, once you realize you've been had, you'll kick yourself for not making sure you knew what to expect "in the box".

WITH pictures, you've got a cause of action. Without them, you're up the proverbial creek. Caveat Emptor.

Last edited by Dave Potter on 3 Jun 2014 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2014 2:53 am    

nobody is saying Dave should not be trusted, that's not the issue...I am certain he is 100% trustworthy, but that has nothing to do with seeing what you are getting, PIX tell a million things...especially to someone with a keen eye. Pix answer a million questions with one view and thats the only point here...

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Dave Potter

Texas
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2014 5:50 am    

Tony Prior wrote:
nobody is saying Dave should not be trusted, that's not the issue...I am certain he is 100% trustworthy, but that has nothing to do with seeing what you are getting, PIX tell a million things...especially to someone with a keen eye. Pix answer a million questions with one view and thats the only point here...

I assume you meant to type "Gregg". But it was Bobby Boggs who brought up "trust", not me, let's be clear on that. My reply to his comment didn't even mention the OP, but simply reflected the due diligence most people use in similar situations.

As I originally said, digital cameras are so prevalent these days, I'm shocked that there's anyone who has no access to one. I'm also surprised that anyone would even attempt to sell an instrument without offering pictures of it, or that anyone would spend the money without at least seeing pictures of it first. I wouldn't. When we buy new products from etailers like Musician's Friend or Sam Ash, we expect to see images. When buying a used instrument, it's even more important, for obvious reasons.
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2014 7:38 am    

My bad. I only skim over Forum post unless it's something I'm interested in. I read it as a 6 month old guitar with the paper work. Not a 2001.Purchased used.

So it is a Jim Akcloth (spelling ?) guitar. Not likely built by the dealer that sold it. But that doesn't make it bad. Just trying to clear up my earlier post.

Pictures do give a general idea. But unless they're real clear and up close. I don't take em to seriously.

Yes, cameras are cheap. But a lot of us old timers have a problem down loading and posting pictures to Forum boards.

My gut tells me there is not a serious prospect that's posted on this thread. So all we're doing is kicking tires we can't see. Again I apologize for being evolved here. Should have taken the time to read the add. Had I done so. I'd have no post here.
Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2014 7:53 am    

I would not send nearly $4000 for something sight-unseen. That is not meant to impugn anyone's character or intentions, it just goes against my nature.
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2014 3:18 am    

Technically challenged. Or an old timer (like myself). Or can't afford a $10 camera to post pics of a multi-thousand dollar instrument. Or can't ask for help. Or whatever other reason.

The simple fact is without pics it's a lot harder to sell something.