| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guitarist bites steeler's finger off
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 2:33 pm    

Sure hope it was worth the prison food he'll be eating now.
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1426478
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 3:27 pm    

Tim Pillow is a member of this forum. If this is for real, it's shocking and sad.
Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 4 May 2014 4:22 pm    

Do we have any facts as to what actually happened, who was threatening who and how did his fingers end up in someone's mouth? Because if somebody stuck their fingers in my mouth, I'd bite em off... On the other hand I wouldn't go after anybody's fingers if I was in a dispute. It could've been a totally self-defense-issue... There's not enough information here in the write up, (only about the end result ) many people have been punished in self-defense situations, especially when the attacker came off worse and called the police or ambulance first.

I'm not blaming or defending anyone, the actual facts that probably took a couple of seconds haas not been disclosed.

I do know this, we live in a world today where, if we defend ourselves and an attacker gets hurt, we end up the criminal, and make no mistake men, that's the world we live in.

Post  Posted 5 May 2014 4:54 am    

This was posted on TGP yesterday. Just horrible. I wonder if alcohol was involved. Wish I could say "get well, Tim", but he lost a digit.
Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2014 5:11 am    

Yes, Tim is a member of the Forum. He called me last year and offered a spot in a local band. Nice guy. What a shame to hear about something like this. I hope his injury doesn't affect his career, his life, etc.

I read a similar story on a bass guitar related forum, that an unruly middle school student kicked a heavy door closed and snapped off two fingers of his teacher. He was a bass player and if memory serves...emphasis is on the word "was." Shameful.

NJ
Post  Posted 5 May 2014 10:18 am    

I hope that SOB is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Tim, I'm very sorry to hear of this crime against you, and I wish you the best for a recovery.

Dammit.

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2014 7:04 pm    

I'm missing the end of my middle finger. A chain cut it off at the first knuckle behind the fingernail. Thankfully, it's on my left hand. The good news is that I can now see the fret directly behind the bar and so it helps with intonation when I play way up high (Hughey Land) on the neck. I could not get to the article. Which finger did he loose?

Mitch
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 6 May 2014 7:26 pm    

Right hand pinky from what I understand.
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2014 2:07 am    

I am not putting anyones finger in my mouth for any reason. I read this on Tuesday and nearly fell out of my chair. The music business is getting dangerous these days as well. I would like to know what the altercation was about but that does not excuse this kind of behavior. I understand the band kicked him out and justly so.
Craig Baker

Eatonton, Georgia, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 May 2014 4:02 am    

Paul,
Not even Tyson's ?

Craig

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2014 3:10 pm    

Yeah, Mr. Baker you got me there. I do like steak fingers but only if they have been cooked.
Fred Glave

McHenry, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2014 7:01 pm    

It gives me the willies just thinking about it. Trying to put myself in Tim's shoes, I can only speak for the way I play and if it was the right pinky, I think I'd still be okay. But some players use that pinky to hold on with. Ever since I began to take picking seriously I worried about hurting my hands and fingers. I worked a lot of physical jobs as a lot of other players have done too, where something bad could have happened. I sure hope Tim can work through this and get back to playing.

McHenry, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2014 7:01 pm    

It gives me the willies just thinking about it. Trying to put myself in Tim's shoes, I can only speak for the way I play and if it was the right pinky, I think I'd still be okay. But some players use that pinky to hold on with. Ever since I began to take picking seriously I worried about hurting my hands and fingers. I worked a lot of physical jobs as a lot of other players have done too, where something bad could have happened. I sure hope Tim can work through this and get back to playing.