| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  c6 with 4 pedals?
Jim Williams

Meridian, Mississippi, USA - Home of Peavey!
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2014 7:50 am    

I'm about to acquire a Blanton S10 with 4 pedals and no levers. It needs a good cleaning and lubing. I'll probably resell it at some point but I have been wanting to try c6 pedal without modifying my existing E9 guitar, and this might be a good opportunity as the guitar looks very configurable underneath, and I will be working under there anyway. Could I set it up c6 with 4 pedals well enough to get a taste of c6? Would the best setup be the first four pedals of a basic c6 setup? By the way, I play c6 non pedal, so I might actually be looking at more of a "lap with pedals" goal.

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2014 8:14 am    

Jim, I have a 3 pedal set up on my Clinesmith...8 string tuned to G6 which is pretty much the same relative tuning as C6. I can get everything I want out of it. Here's the C6 pedal arrangement on the Clinesmith I have on order now...can't wait Smile

Just a suggestion for your fourth pedal would be the "boowah" that lowers your C down to a low A. I can't remember what else that pedal did on my Carter...but it was fun to use.

Meridian, Mississippi, USA - Home of Peavey!
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2014 8:24 am    

Thanks Rick...that looks like what I have in mind.

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2014 4:49 pm    

Hopefully, you will have the necessary hardware to set up the 4 pedals as the usual 5-8 pedals working on that 10 string guitar. You'd just be missing (traditionally) the 4-pedal (raises A's to B) and the knee lever dropping 3d string C-B.

Check the forum for basic C6 copedents so that you can see the changes on the 9th and 10th strings.

The common changes developed in the early days very closely mimic a variety of straight-steel tunings. Bar movement and an ear for intervals will serve you well!