| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Fender Custom T8 circa late 40s early 50s
Ryan Snyder

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 9:01 am    

This Fender Custom T8 has had plungers added to the second and third strings on the bottom neck. Also, as seen in the pics, the third pickup/tailpiece is gone. Otherwise, I think it is original and includes the original case. It needs some TLC. I think the pickups will need rewound but all of the chrome is in great shape - just needs cleaned and polished. Although the bottom head was modified to add plungers the top two are original. All three heads feel smooth and tight. I'm asking $500 o.b.o.

Ryan
http://snyderacousticworks.doodlekit.com/
Jim Wilmoth

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 9:21 am     Re: Fender Custom T8 circa late 40s early 50s

I'm very interested but forgive for not knowing what you mean by "plunger" added.

Ryan Snyder wrote:

This Fender Custom T8 has had plungers added to the second and third strings on the bottom neck. Also, as seen in the pics, the third pickup/tailpiece is gone. Otherwise, I think it is original and includes the original case. It needs some TLC. I think the pickups will need rewound but all of the chrome is in great shape - just needs cleaned and polished. Although the bottom head was modified to add plungers the top two are original. All three heads feel smooth and tight. I'm asking $500 o.b.o.

Ryan
http://snyderacousticworks.doodlekit.com/
Ryan Snyder

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 9:29 am     "Plunger"

Hi Jim,
Please forgive my terminology, I'm not a steel player myself. Perhaps "plunger" is not the right word..."string benders" maybe? Here are a couple photos that might show it better...

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 10:02 am    

"plungers added" -- it looks like someone tried to add pedals to this guitar at some point. Holes drilled in the tuner pan, through the body, and hardware added (plungers) that would pull down on the string(s).
Ryan Snyder

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 10:13 am    

Doug is correct. Except the "plungers" push up on the strings rather than pull down on them. It looks to me like one pedal controlled both plungers which could be adjusted using set nuts on the hardware mounted underneath.
Abe Levy

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 10:25 am    

Isaacs pedal perhaps? One pedal that does what the modern A and B pedals do together.

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2014 2:14 pm     This guitar is sold!

Thanks folks! Just want you all to know that this guitar has been sold. I appreciate everyones comments and interest. I've learned a lot about Fender T8s and Steels in general.
Ryan