| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bob Brozman went to my high school
HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2014 6:42 pm    

and I never knew that until recently.....I grew up in Port Washington, NY (Long Island) and went to Paul D. Schreiber High School.......here's a page from my HS facebook group.......

---------------------------------------------------
Bob Brozman April 23 2013

Howard Pineapple........Bob Brozman lived in Port Washington?........when?.......

July 12, 2013 at 3:35pm · Like

Thomas Collins..........I believe he was class of '72. He used to ROCK the cafeteria at Schreiber with his steel bodied slide guitar and no-holds barred vocals.

September 23, 2013 at 6:59pm · Like

Howard Pineapple wow ........I graduated in '68........in '72 I was going to school in California where I began to learn the steel guitar.......he was amazing.........

September 23, 2013 at 7:06pm · Like

Thomas Collins...........I moved to Oakland Ca, and we used to have a yearly festival at the lake. One year, as I was walking through, I heard the UNMISTAKABLE sound of that guitar and voice, and sure enough, it was Bob. I didn't really know him at all, but said hello. I think he was in Santa Cruz or somewhere around there, Youtube has some Bob Brozman, he had quite an international following.

September 23, 2013 at 7:23pm · Like

Howard Pineapple........He lived in Santa Cruz..........there are a fair amount of youtube vids and he recorded many albums, so he did leave a long legacy of his music.......I saw him about 8 years ago at The NYC Guitar Marathon........word had it that he was giving slide & steel lessons to the other guitarists backstage........

Unfortunate circumstances surrounding his demise......

September 23, 2013 at 7:29pm · Like · 1

Thomas Collins........So I've heard...enough said.

September 23, 2013 at 7:29pm · Unlike · 1

Christine Barrett Mitchell........ I dated Bob for a few months in high school and yes, he did mesmerize the cafeteria at lunch time. Last time I saw him was at the Philly Folk Festival where he was playing. Went backstage to say hi and he remembered me too. I was sad to hear of his passing. He was a huge talent
Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2014 6:56 pm    

The great songwriter/artist/producer Joe Henry went to school with Jeffrey Dahmer.

La Crescenta, California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2014 7:49 pm    

My father was in the same high school fraternity (they had those then apparently) as John Hinckley's father.

California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2014 8:38 pm    

i worked with a guy for a few years who turned out to be a los angeles serial rapist. he always overdid it with the cologne, perhaps to keep people away from him!

play music!

http://muscmp.wordpress.com/